G C R Show

Started by Bob Tidbury, June 20, 2017, 11:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

I just thought I had better put the record straight the show was again an excellent show with quite  a few excellent N gauge layouts .and the standard of all the exhibits was very good ,my only problem was beyond the control of the organisers and that was the extreme heat. I think that there should however have been some very large extractor Fans to circulate the air and try to reduce the heat ,I and several other traders and exhibitors were affected by the heat and at least two stands packed up early on Sunday which was a shame because of all the hard work involved by the G C R staff to put on such a huge show ,and they just couldnt have known that we were going to have a heatwave as bad as we did ,and I would imagine it was too late to do anything to cool down 35000 square ft of Marquee .Ijust hope that they can organise something for next years show.
Bob Tidbury

rhysapthomas

Just to second this!  I was manning a layout Saturday and it was hot hot hot !

Dread to think what it was like on Sunday with packing up to do

Chris Morris

I made a decision a while ago to not take my layouts to exhibitions between the beginning of May and the end of August. I want to be free to enjoy the good weather when it comes.
The GCR show is a great event for visitors. I went on Friday and had a superb day out. Plenty of good layouts, trade exhibitors and real trains. I am so glad that I wasn't an exhibitor though.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Mirrlees

It nearly sent me to the hospital!

We had to pack the NGS Stand up early as we were to near the door.  I was just in the verge of starting to have hallucinations.  Not a good thing.

The layouts were good as was the trade.  Just shame about the really high temperatures.
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations