Gad but it's hot, Fanshawe

Started by Newportnobby, June 18, 2017, 04:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

At least we have a breeze today which slightly mitigates the high temperature and tomorrow is supposedly 10 deg C cooler than today. I think 18C is more comfortable, especially as I nearly melted at the gym this morning!

Bealman

Ah, Good morning, Mick. I'm off to Canberra on Thursday to check out Webbo's excellent Canadian layout.

Temperature a comfortable 13 degrees. I'm gonna freeze!

Hope the gym session went well and you are keeping on top of the game.

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Quote from: newportnobby on June 20, 2017, 09:42:54 AM
At least we have a breeze today which slightly mitigates the high temperature and tomorrow is supposedly 10 deg C cooler than today. I think 18C is more comfortable, especially as I nearly melted at the gym this morning!

You weren't wearing shorts  :goggleeyes: were you Mick? :uneasy:

Cooler here today in Lincolnshire at the moment with a light breeze and thin cloud masking the sun, but after some fenceing work yesterday I might have a touch of heat exhaustion. :(
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bob Tidbury

I know just how you feel daffy three days in the Marquee at the G C R has certainately taken its toll on me I am knackered good job we have a cooler fridge but we are now running out of  squash so its just plain cold water.
Bob Tidbury

Bealman

I know I said I'd butt out of this, Bob, but I must admit it would have been very unpleasant under that canvas.

Plenty cold beer where I am mate!

All the best,

George. (Collective sigh of relief)  :thumbsup: :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: daffy on June 20, 2017, 10:00:56 AM

Yup. I usually wear jogging bottoms but for the first time this year I decided to get my legs out and frighten passers by. Let's face it, my legs are nowhere near as bad as some of the sights around Leyland :sick2:
Trouble is, for years they have been totally sun resistant so tend to dazzle people. 8)

In my twenties I got drunk in Lyme Regis and fell asleep next to a railing. I ended up with a bright red stripey top but the legs were unaffected :doh:

Webbo

Quote from: Bealman on June 20, 2017, 09:55:00 AM
Ah, Good morning, Mick. I'm off to Canberra on Thursday to check out Webbo's excellent Canadian layout.

Temperature a comfortable 13 degrees. I'm gonna freeze!

Hope the gym session went well and you are keeping on top of the game.

George

George,

If you want to freeze when you come down for a visit, I can accommodate. The temperature dial on my reverse cycle in the train cave goes from 10 C to 30 C. Tell me if you will be wearing your shorts or long johns and I will accommodate.

Of course the killer in all this temperature thing is really the humidity. In Darwin (northern Australia) the temperature between winter and summer increases from 30 to 33 C, but the relative humidity varies between 60 and 99% in the two seasons. A vast difference in the comfort level results.

Webbo

joe cassidy

Believe it or not it snowed in Cameroon yesterday !

Best regards,

Joe

port perran

Quote from: newportnobby on June 20, 2017, 11:06:07 AM

Yup. I usually wear jogging bottoms but for the first time this year I decided to get my legs out and frighten passers by. Let's face it, my legs are nowhere near as bad as some of the sights around Leyland :sick2:
Trouble is, for years they have been totally sun resistant so tend to dazzle people. 8)

In my twenties I got drunk in Lyme Regis and fell asleep next to a railing. I ended up with a bright red stripey top but the legs were unaffected :doh:
I'm so glad I'm no where near Leyland.
Seeing those legs might frighten me to death  :D
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

RailGooner

Just spent a very pleasant half hour stood in the full glare of the sun watching cricket in the park. :thumbsup: Now back to the furnace that is my office. :thumbsdown:

daffy

Quote from: port perran on June 20, 2017, 12:42:14 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on June 20, 2017, 11:06:07 AM

Isn't it strange how Forum members who have never met and live miles apart have identical thoughts. :D

I wonder how widespread this phenomena is? :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

ntpntpntp

Flippin' freezin' in my office at the moment - they don't seem to be able to set the air-con right in our building.  I have training magazines strategically positioned over the floor vents (it's all those mags are good for anyway!)   It was actually a relief to go outdoors to fetch sav'n'chips just now!
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: port perran on June 20, 2017, 12:42:14 PM

Quote from: daffy on June 20, 2017, 01:02:05 PM
Isn't it strange how Forum members who have never met and live miles apart have identical thoughts. :D

I wonder how widespread this phenomena is? :hmmm:

Infamy. Infamy. They've all got it in for me :'(

PeteW

Well, if it's not one thing, it's another. My bout of vertigo is now but a memory, and just at the point I was ready to try some train-running the heatwave arrives. The only available spot currently for said activity is the dining room table, and said table is in the full glare of the sun until late-afternoon. Current temperature in there is around 35C. So I'm seeking sanctuary at the front of the house (about 10C cooler) and browsing model rail websites.

Tragically, the lure of buying is ever-present and I now find myself in possession of far more track than I ever anticipated, having snagged a Kato V3 sidings set :doh: :D. Thankfully, the forecast is for cooler weather after Thursday, so this week might yet see trains run!

themadhippy

freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations