Gad but it's hot, Fanshawe

Started by Newportnobby, June 18, 2017, 04:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Or the yellow painted feet ........
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bob Tidbury

I have been trying to work out since Saturday  how on earth  the engine room of the class thirty three that I had a cabride in at the G C R could be cooler, while actually working ,than the Marquee that the layouts and traders were in ,it reached 40 degrees on Saturday but Ithink even hotter on Sunday.
Bob Tidbury

Webbo

Very amusing. You guys in the UK don't know the meaning of the word 'hot'. Mind you, here in Oz the population doesn't know the meaning of the word 'cold'. I will say that it is much easier to keep warm than it is to cool off.

Webbo

JayM481

Here in Ottawa the temps this past weekend were around 30C, which felt like 40C with humidex. At least the winters don't often get to -40C.

Bealman

Agree with Webbo. When it's cold, you can always throw another jumper on, but when you're down to your skin, and still hot......  :worried:

Talking of the weather, what's the forecast for my Canberra visit on Thursday, Webbo?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Webbo

The Bureau of Meteorology is predicting: "Partly cloudy. Morning fog. Light winds". Minimum -3 C and max 13 C.  Shouldn't be too bad. Anyway, my train room in the shed has a reverse cycle air conditioner that heats it in winter and cools it in summer when necessary. George, I don't think you need to worry about suffering during your visit which I am keenly anticipating.

Webbo

Bealman

Thanks! See you Thursday, looking forward to it!  :thumbsup:

Hijack over.... back to Nobby's "hot" bungalow  :D ;)

daveg

At 06:06 this morning the sitting room shows 24.8 degrees with windows and doors open.

Take care everyone and drink plenty of something you are safe to enjoy.

Dave G

austinbob

I've got a portable air conditioning unit which I reluctantly switched on yesterday evening whilst watching the soaps. Cooled the room down by about 3 degrees and also lowers the humidity.
Disadvantage - you have to hang the exhaust out of an open window so you get all the traffic noise.
Advantage, apart from cooling, you can't hear the soaps.  :no:
It took less than ten minutes for the room to get up to silly temperatures once the air conditioning unit was turned off. >:(
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Bealman

Lived at Chez Bealman with just ceiling fans until 5 years ago, when air-con was installed.

Best money ever spent on the place.  :thumbsup:

The Q

It was 28C down stairs last night,and 25 this morning, As you go upstairs you still hit a wall of heat (window up and downstairs open). I spent most of the night attempting to sleep on the sofa.

They are reporting it'll cool down a bit in our area on Wednesday, I hope so I have a 250 Mile drive on Thursday, then another 250 to Bonnie Scotland on Friday. At the moment I'm totally knackered through lack of sleep...

Bealman

I am not trying to take the mickey at all, and will bow out of this discussion now, but I still find it sort of strange that you find 28 degrees hot.

I grew up in the NE of England, and recall those cold winters. They in no small way contributed to my move to the Antipodes!

Enjoy the warmth, folks.  :thumbsup:

austinbob

Quote from: Bealman on June 20, 2017, 09:16:53 AM
I am not trying to take the mickey at all, and will bow out of this discussion now, but I still find it sort of strange that you find 28 degrees hot.

I grew up in the NE of England, and recall those cold winters. They in no small way contributed to my move to the Antipodes!

Enjoy the warmth, folks.  :thumbsup:
I think its a Brit thing.
We complain when its cold
We complain when its hot
We complain when its wet
We complain when its dry
If there's nothing to complain about we get depressed and then complain about that.
:)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Bealman

Ha ha!

Cheers, Bob.... don't worry, the locals in my local drinking hole here are capable of the same thing.  :beers:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations