Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

I remember going to Priestfield a couple of years ago for a game against Bradford when visiting my brother, all very nice, posh seats and looked after in the players lounge, not only did they lose there was a blizzard in the second half just to make me feel at home and I missed out on my own team, Raith Rovers, thrashing Falkirk 5-0  ::)
Oh yes, I also got food poisoning from a dodgy chippy that evening too  :(

Trainfish

No, I meant Jillingham as I know how much it winds up the pikeys  ;D

I also noticed you were from Medway and thought it was worth a little dig  :smiley-laughing:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Sold 80 lots of OO stuff, mainly track over the last couple of days on ebay and received over £850. Then I see on NRM someone selling 4 boxes of N gauge finescale flexi for £175 so I've snapped those up. I'm well 'chuffed'  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

scotsoft

Quote from: Trainfish on April 27, 2012, 03:09:17 PM
Sold 80 lots of OO stuff, mainly track over the last couple of days on ebay and received over £850. Then I see on NRM someone selling 4 boxes of N gauge finescale flexi for £175 so I've snapped those up. I'm well 'chuffed'  :thumbsup:

Well done, it's good to hear when things are going right  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Great to see you have your priorities right :thumbsup: The begging letter will be in the post tomorrow ;)

Donkey

Result, well done  :thumbsup:

Marty

Sprintex

Took the DCC set along to my local club last night for a 'play' on the test track :)

Finally programmed my Tomix Track Cleaner that I chipped weeks ago, then had it pulled round by a Class 31 - amazing the amount of fluff it hoovered up!  :smiley-laughing:

Then I had a go at consisting (aka double-heading) as I haven't played around with features like this yet. Absolutely painless, with a couple of button-presses I had two of my 156 sets going round as a 4-car unit 8)

All in all a successful evening - should really have a play on my own test track more often  ::)

Paul

Tank

Today is my little boys (Freddie) second birthday!  I can't believe where the time has gone, and it's hard to remember what life was like before he was here!!!!  ;D  Sadly he can't play with his present from us in the garden because of the rain, but maybe tomorrow.  We bought him one of those tables that has a sand pit on one side, and a harbour the other side.

moogle

The sandpit side is great for playing with your cars in. And burying them.
Better there than on the beach. Which is where mine went apparently.
Bet my mum wishes I had a sandpit back then!

Lets hope the rain stops so Freddie can play with his present.
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Tank

:D  Oh dear, and you never saw the cars again?!

In the 80's my dad bought a pack of builders sand, and that was what I used to play with for a week......until the neighbours cat used it for other means. >:(    :smiley-laughing:

Dock Shunter

Quote from: Tank on May 05, 2012, 11:25:49 AM
Today is my little boys (Freddie) second birthday!  I can't believe where the time has gone, and it's hard to remember what life was like before he was here!!!!  ;D  Sadly he can't play with his present from us in the garden because of the rain, but maybe tomorrow.  We bought him one of those tables that has a sand pit on one side, and a harbour the other side.

Hope you have great day with your Lad Chris........ :thumbsup:
Make sure you save us all a bit of cake eh...... ;D

moogle

Quote from: Tank on May 05, 2012, 11:40:54 AM
:D  Oh dear, and you never saw the cars again?!

In the 80's my dad bought a pack of builders sand, and that was what I used to play with for a week......until the neighbours cat used it for other means. >:(    :smiley-laughing:

Nope never saw them again. A 'Matchbox on the beach' has a different meaning to me!  :smiley-laughing:

I know what you mean about the cat though. My sisters sandpit went through that. Buried treasure its not!  :o
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Newportnobby

Happy Birthday, Freddie :wave:

I hope you and your Dad have a great day :thumbsup:

Mustermark

Hope you both had a good day Tank.  Those are some of the best days when you look back, so take photos and keep the memories. :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Kipper

Chelsea 2 Liverpool 1 - oh happy day! The referee played a blinder!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations