Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Not exactly rocket science I know but I am a bit chuffed as I managed to change the headlight bulb on my 08 Fiesta without breaking anything today  :)

Was a little bit concerned as after looking in the manual it was a lot more involved than my previous car.

Still half decent step by step instructions and me taking my time resulted in a new working bulb going in and me not snapping any lugs / plugs / wires in the process.

Bit mystified why the entire headlight unit needs to come off (albeit only three screws) and even more baffled why you have to move the bumper (but NOT more than "10mm"!) to get to the last one.

Anyway, all done and £7.00 quid saved by not getting Halfords to do it....

Small victories

Skyline2uk

Sprintex

It's the same on our two MK5 Fiestas, and increasingly more cars as underbonnet areas become more crowded. Ridiculous having to remove a headlight just to change a bulb! ::)

Good on you for doing it yourself though, gearbox rebuild next? :D

Paul

Skyline2uk

Cheers Sprintex, I figured a fellow Ford fan would have a view on this  :D

:worried: :confused1: Shower of cogs and springs anyone?!  :confused1: :worried:

Skyline2uk

4x2

Quote from: Skyline2uk on August 01, 2013, 07:48:07 PM
Cheers Sprintex, I figured a fellow Ford fan would have a view on this  :D

:worried: :confused1: Shower of cogs and springs anyone?!  :confused1: :worried:

Skyline2uk
I occasionally dabble in spannering myself... Here's a couple of pic's of me and my cousin (the guy pretending to be an engine) fitting a new engine (brand new bottom end from Ford for just £111 ! - thank you ebay !) in my old Mk 3 fester, shame the rot killed it... :(  The old engine was knocking a good 'un so it had to be done, the car did last 2 more years on the new engine before it failed the MOT badly with terminal tin worm...

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Oldman

Love the elf and safety approved engine hoist :-X

Get my camera back hopefully tomorrow but probably Saturday.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

4x2

Quote from: Oldman on August 01, 2013, 09:36:24 PM
Love the elf and safety approved engine hoist :-X

Get my camera back hopefully tomorrow but probably Saturday.
the old ways are the best !   ;)
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

scotsoft

I thought you were turning it into a Fred Flintstone car  :D

cheers John.

mereman

Quote from: scotsoft on August 01, 2013, 10:07:43 PM

cheers John.

I wish you hadn't said that can't get the Flintstones theme tune out of my mind :goggleeyes:
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

Oldman

Yabba dabba do
Does Dino power your coach?
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

scotsoft

Quote from: mereman on August 01, 2013, 10:57:20 PM
Quote from: scotsoft on August 01, 2013, 10:07:43 PM

cheers John.

I wish you hadn't said that can't get the Flintstones theme tune out of my mind :goggleeyes:

You can do a sing-a-long now  :laugh3:

the flintstones (theme song)

Oldman

:thumbsup:
Got my camera back today.
:thumbsdown:
Battery flat as a pancake.
At least my friend managed to transfer his pictures from memory card, had to take the card out and use his card reader to do it because I forgot to lend him the lead as well.

loco4401

Hurry up next thur so i can visit train trader in northern sydney as its there 60-90% off sale  so hoping to grab some bargins

Michael Shillabeer

Very very happy!

My daughter, Olivia, has just been accepted into Oxford University :claphappy:

She doesn't know her A level grades yet, but the UCAS website says she's in!

I'm really proud of her!

Michael

daveg

Brilliant news - well done Olivia!  :claphappy:

Dave G

Trev

That's fantastic news Micheal. Well done her.

Can I ask where abouts on the UCAS site you found that info please?  My son is on his way to get his results, hopeing to go to Bath to study robotics
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations