Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Quote from: scotsoft on May 29, 2013, 12:12:50 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on May 29, 2013, 12:05:49 AM
Quote from: Bealman on May 28, 2013, 01:32:55 AM
Well I'm glad you sporty lot are happy, I'm just happy Sunderland stay up... Di Canio did a good job but he will need to do a serious squad overhaul or they'll be struggling again

I hope you do ok as I strangely have a soft spot for Sunderland ever since we 'thrashed' you 1-0 at Wembley in the 1990 play-off final  :P

Hardly a "thrashing", 1 - 0  ???  :P

Believe me, if you had been at that game you would agree it was a 1-0 thrashing just as most honest Mackems would agree too. I hate to think what the stats were that day but it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say we had at least 20 shots on target to their, erm, I can't remember if they actually DID have a shot on target! They could have stayed there all week after Swindon had gone home and they wouldn't have scored  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

As I say, I suffer from the occasional memory loss.....  :whistle:  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Do you remember a 35 year old Eric Gates huffing and puffing through the first 72 minutes? I think he retired after that game. THIS LINK may help jog your memory if you actually wanted it jogged  ;D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Ok... rub it in.... I still say we wus robbed  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MikeDunn

Quote from: scotsoft on May 29, 2013, 12:12:50 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on May 29, 2013, 12:05:49 AM
I hope you do ok as I strangely have a soft spot for Sunderland ever since we 'thrashed' you 1-0 at Wembley in the 1990 play-off final  :P

Hardly a "thrashing", 1 - 0  ???  :P
It is for Swindon !  :P  But if the Lads were so bad - how come it wasn't more ?  20+ attempts & only 1 got in ? Tsk tsk, must do better  :P

At least the yo-yo has stopped ... just ...

Pengi

Quote from: Greybeema on May 28, 2013, 01:18:33 PM
Whilst on a sporting theme then:-

Leinster Rugby:-  I have been a Season ticket holder there for many years.  We haven't played as well this year as we did last year in which we won the Heoneken Cup for the third time but this season we have won the Amblin Challenge Cup, the RaboPro12 League an our 'A's have won the British and Irish Cup. 

To cap it all - all of this silverware is arriving in the office here on Friday...

Harlequins Rugby:- Been debenture holder for more years that I can remember. Like Leinster, not as successful a season as last year but we still won the LV=Anglo Welsh Cup and the Arriva A league

And Saints had a good first season in the Premiership - despite a truly awful start and being written off by just about all of the pundits (Crystal Palace fans - take hope from this)
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Chetcombe

Quote from: Pengi on May 29, 2013, 10:33:57 AM

And Saints had a good first season in the Premiership - despite a truly awful start and being written off by just about all of the pundits (Crystal Palace fans - take hope from this)

Thanks from a Palace fan, have to admit to being very worried though :worried:
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

MikeDunn

Quote from: Chetcombe on May 30, 2013, 04:06:57 AM
Quote from: Pengi on May 29, 2013, 10:33:57 AM

Thanks from a Palace fan, have to admit to being very worried though :worried:
Pengi's a Palace fan  ???

Greybeema

Interesting editing.  I never referred to Saints in my quoted post.....  Not actually my team at all..  My team are much closer to London
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Kipper

Got the all clear that my cancer has gone (or not spread from the tumour that was removed), and don't need to go back to see the Oncologist for a year.   :bounce: Only downside is that the radioactive iodine treatment has "burnt" my throat, so it feels like I have a gobstopper stuck in my throat. Apparently, this internal scar will take about 30 years to disappear, so roll on my 93rd birthday!  :hmmm:

Newportnobby

Apart from the burnt throat, that's great news, Kipper :claphappy:

daveg

Great news Kipper!

Nuisance about the throat but a terrific result.  :claphappy:

Dave G

scotsoft

That has to be a great relief Kipper and I am sure your body will adjust to the gobstopper soon enough  ;)

cheers John.

Pengi

Terrific news Kipper - are you allowed any liquid relief  :pint: for the throat?
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

sean Half-pint works

great to hear your gonna be OK ;)

Sean

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations