Trip to Scotland

Started by Roman Kochnowski, April 29, 2017, 09:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roman Kochnowski

Hi to All,
During Easter I was in Aberdeen to visit my son, student at University of Aberdeen.Scotland fascinated me totally.Unforgettable moments at the stations in Edinburgh and Aberdeen.HST,Caledonian Sleeper,all these East Coast Line trains,which I saw for the first time in my life.Pity that it was only a week.I am  already planning my next trip to Scotland.As soon as possible.By the way - I envy you for so large number of magazins about railways.
with best wishes from Cracow
Roman

Bealman

Sounds like a cool trip! I'm a big fan of the ECML too, having grown up next to it. However,  like yourself, I'm quite a long way from it these days!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Steamie+

Hope you took a load back with you.  :laugh3: Can you not get them sent to you on any you would like to read.  :thumbsup:

scottmitchell74

Jealous of anyone who lives in or visits Scotland. Wife and I were there for 4 days in 09 and it's my favorite overseas trip to date.

Sounds like you had a great time.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

joe cassidy

Roman you are lucky to live in Cracow.

It's a beautiful city.

Best regards,

Joe

Roman Kochnowski

City is beautiful, worse is the air even in my place 10 miles from centre.It was only in Aberdeen that I got rid of the remnants.I miss Scottish air.

port perran

If you get the chance  I'd thoroughly recommend a train ride North from Inverness to Wick/Thurso and West to Kyle of Lochalsh,
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Roman Kochnowski

Thank you for the suggestion about this tour. I would like to go from Inverness to Edinburgh HST, even if it does not expand there at its maximum speed.

crewearpley40

I love the west highlands once away from Glasgow up towards mallaig

Roman Kochnowski

Including the route to Fort William?

crewearpley40

yes my friend
steeped in history - bonnie prince charlie

crewearpley40

inverness via perth to Edinburgh worth a trip

Roman Kochnowski

Is the Jacobite train(around Fort William)still i service?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations