Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GC weathering

Quote from: Chetcombe on April 27, 2013, 12:29:58 AM
This is the story of a well travelled Warship - well one that has crossed the Atlantic 3 times recently! I found a very well priced Farish Warship at Kernow (GBP49.95 and for me being based overseas take off the VAT), so D815 'Druid' was despatched from Cornwall to Philadelphia. Back over the pond it went when I sent it off to GC Weathering for renumbering, renaming and weathering. I chose them cos they were advertising on the forum and I liked the look of their work. Finally back it came over the Atlantic for a final time, this time as a rather grubby D809 'Champion'

Hats off to GC Weathering by the way. Fast turnaround, they checked in with me at every stage and even sent me a photo (above) to make sure I was happy. Which I was :D

Mike
Hi Mike, so pleased you like our work! We do try to get the weathering as close to the real thing as possible on any Gauge we work on and really enjoyed doing your Warship. Many thanks for your custom and if anybody on the forum is interested in what we can do please get in touch. Glen

Luke Piewalker

No pictures I'm afraid, but I now have enough intercity Mk 4's for a full rake  :bounce:  :claphappy:  :laugh3: :D

Just need another FO and I'll be able to do a two-buffet pullman outfit too....  :goggleeyes:

philwhite

Expanded my continental fleet with this small Fleischmann DRG 0-6-0, it has a tender motor and runs fantastically well like most Fleischmann do, almost silent, although it does have a few minor marks but for the price I got it for I really cannot complain. Picked this up along with the coach and wagons also in the photo, the coach in particular is exquisitely detailed.

Chinahand

They look like some very nice aquisitions Phil. Look forward to seeing them running on your layout though I'm not sure how they will fit into a North American theme.  :confused2:  :laugh:
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

stevieboy

After 6 weeks of no stock purchases and a week in bed with the mother of all flu's I needed a pick me up:

The SR Brake is fantastic but the detail on the vans suprised me more, I'm sure Bachmann could invest in better images in their catalogues as they look nothing like they do in real life.

Bealman

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Beautiful. They are well detailed. There's certainly no reason to heap rubbish on British N these days.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

bluedepot

a few vehicles i got...

a tomytec lorry (a nissan)

this tomytec yellow truck thing, which doesn't really look like anything i've seen before in britain... but might get away with it on my layout...

some kato forklift trucks, that look a bit oversize to me, but guess they come in many sizes in real life...

Dock Shunter

Quote from: stevieboy on May 11, 2013, 02:46:12 PM
After 6 weeks of no stock purchases and a week in bed with the mother of all flu's I needed a pick me up:

I had no Idea Sharwoods Sweet and Sour was good for relieving flu symptoms........ :D

stevieboy

:laughabovepost:

I tried everything and found it worked the best!

I've not got it yet, as I've just won it on Evil Bay, but I'm now an owner of a Farish EWS Class 08! I wasn't interested in the new weathered one so glad to finally get my hands on one.

Ollie3440

Quote from: stevieboy on May 11, 2013, 02:46:12 PM

Looking good, i can't help but think that i've seen the exact wagons before :P

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

stevieboy

Funny that!

I don't think this rake will end up like my 16T Minerals, might stop at 7 to 11 tops!

longbridge

Quote from: philwhite on May 10, 2013, 10:01:20 PM
Expanded my continental fleet with this small Fleischmann DRG 0-6-0, it has a tender motor and runs fantastically well like most Fleischmann do, almost silent, although it does have a few minor marks but for the price I got it for I really cannot complain. Picked this up along with the coach and wagons also in the photo, the coach in particular is exquisitely detailed.

Great buy Phil, I always have a soft spot for European Railways, very neat quality products.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Agrafarfan

[smg id=5081]

Sorry for the poor quality pictures. I just got these yesterday, they are 10 ton insulated box vans br light blue.
They have very good detail blue ribben.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Chinahand

Quote from: bealman on May 16, 2013, 11:06:02 PM
Very nice. Especially the GREEN one.  :D

Hmmm.  :hmmm: Where does the coal go in and the smoke come out though ?  :D
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00