Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gc4946

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

daveg

scruff

Very nice..
I was in Hattons myself today.. grabbed a few goodies..
Will try to post pics later..

Cheers
Mark

d-a-n

Quote from: daveg on February 06, 2014, 07:01:35 PM
Hatton's offering it for £79!

Dave G

Once I saw it offered at that price, I couldn't resist. When I first went into Hattons about 18 months ago once I'd made my mind up about getting some n gauge, I had a good old browse and I saw it and thought how much better it looked than some of the older steam offerings. Now I'm closer to what core rolling stock/locos I want, I'm branching out! This loco is such a smooth, quiet runner out of the box and Kato #6 points generally don't phase it.

r711zzr

Just got myself back into the N gauge (not got anything else yet, or a layout to pose on!)

Dapol's D5326  :thumbsup:

scotsoft

Quote from: r711zzr on February 06, 2014, 10:05:57 PM
Just got myself back into the N gauge (not got anything else yet, or a layout to pose on!)

You will have to get yourself a basic oval and transformer for testing your loco out.

Once it is tested then you can pack everything away and not spend hours playing trains  :angel:

cheers John.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

d-a-n

Quote from: r711zzr on February 06, 2014, 10:05:57 PM

It's a good a start as any - that's a cracking model.

willike1958

I recently bought myself a new 08 from Hattons. Very very nice, though those coupling rods are crying out to be cut down in size and/or toned down.

And I'm I'm trying to build up the courage to chip it myself. This would be my first attempt - In at the deep end, why not?? Probably renumber it to 08773 which bit the dust at Healey Mills with me bouncing around inside as per my post on 'Real Railway Discussions' at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19204.msg196050#msg196050

gc4946

Just arrived back from the event at Doncaster. I was going home with a small selection of used model cars and a Southdown "Queen Mary" in NBC leaf green when by chance I spotted several hard to find Dapol 153s on a trader's stand.

As a result I bought two non-powered 153s in Northern (ex-FNW) and their current liveries.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Oldun

Quote from: Les1952 on February 06, 2014, 02:48:19 PM

[smg id=10086]

Tyne Dock O1 concocted by my son (Mr) Simon from a BachFarish 8F chassis, a Langley B1 body, air pumps from Adrian at Foxhunter Models, and a GCR tender created by swapping the chassis from a burnt-out 3F tender (less motor and worm) into the body of the tender from a J11 which had a bent wheel (an exhibition hall floor jumped up and bent it.. :-[......)

Hi Les, nice loco but in the land rover club I belong to that would be called a 'bitsa' ;)

Model/type unknown but looks right :thumbsup:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: d-a-n on February 06, 2014, 05:33:28 PM
I got an 8F for my super prototypical 70s/80s layout

[smg id=10080]

[smg id=10081]

A most excellent 30th birthday present from Mrs d-a-n, along with some easi-shunts, some tacky wax and a Peco Butterley Steel wagon kit to have an experiment with (add NEM pocket, try my wagon/weathing skills out and maybe refit it temporarily with metal wheels from another wagon.)

OINVU!

Just what I would like!

Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

johnlambert

Added another Dapol Pannier to the fleet.  This time an 87xx in GWR green.  Bit of a Rule 1 purchase but I 'needed' something to run with the GWR wagons I've acquired.  Although some locos towards the end of steam (my usual era) were repainted into pre-nationalisation liveries I think, so it isn't necessarily out of place for a 1960s layout.

Malc

[smg id=10168]

With that name on them, I couldn't resist.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations