Losing me voice.

Started by Dorsetmike, March 13, 2018, 02:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Mito

Good luck with the treatment. Radiotherapy is very effective and give little side effects unlike chemotherapy.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

austinbob

Good luck Mike. Hope it gets sorted soon.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

B P

Good luck with the treatment Mike and best wishes for your recovery.

Brian.

Train Waiting

All best wishes for a speedy recovery, Mike.

Kindest regards.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

dannyboy

Best of luck Mike, hope things are soon back to normal.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Zogbert Splod

Wishing all the best for you Mike! 
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

ozzie Bill.

Mike
I'm going to add my best wishes but also a small rider. I've been through the same treatment for the same thing. Whilst is affects us all slightly differently, the mouth and throat treatment is particularly arduous as it makes eating and drinking quite tough towards the end of the treatment. You may  well get some mouth ulcers which are painful and also a side effect called mucositis, which is not painful, just unpleasant. All of the side effects can be coped with quite readily, so don't let me put you off, but be aware that they may occur. Tiredness also rears up to greet you quite frequently.
Lots of folk go through RT on different parts of the body with nil to almost zero side effects, my brother just had 4 weeks for prostate cancer and has just traveled all the way here to Aus from UK to visit, within weeks of the completion, so I hope that you are as lucky.
All the very best, Bill.

NTrain

REGP

Sorry to hear this Mike, here's to a speedy recovery.

Ray

Bob Tidbury

I wish you a speedy recovery Mike .
Bob Tidbury

Malc

It'll give you time to store up some more funnies. I hope you are fighting fit soon.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Papyrus

I'll add to the general chorus of good wishes - hope it all goes well. At least it won't affect your hands, so you can still play trains!

All the best,

Chris

Jimbo

Thoughts are with you Mike, keep smiling  :D!

Best wishes,

Jimbo.
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Dorsetmike

Seems like the usual NHS "hurry up and wait" is still in force, looks like treatment won't start before April so for the time being I'm still in whisper/croak mode for a while which has not so far had any effect on my use of the internet!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations