Feeling guilty

Started by 47033, July 10, 2013, 03:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello everyone,

We have a new addition to our family as of yesterday. A friend had offered my wife a puppy out of her litter but my wife had turned her down because we have 3 wonderful dogs already and I had previously drawn the line at 3. 

About 6 years ago I came home from work and had bought another Mustang, my wife saw it and said to me "if you bring another Mustang here, I get another dog".  What a woman..... At that time we had 2 dogs, however 2 years later we had decided to get a 3rd dog and duly found a beautiful flat coated retriever.  At that point I told my wife I'm owed another Mustang and she said ok.   I didn't buy another.

This last week our vet and friend offered us one of her puppies out of her latest litter. My wife explained I had drawn the line at 3 and turned her down. Our friend then emailed me to try to charm me into taking it knowing my wife really would love the dog.  Well, i started feeling guilty about how wonderful my wife really is and how much I'm spending on this fabulous hobby without her even blinking an eye lid at it.  I spend over $900 on it just last week along with a performance exhaust for my car and she didn't even say a word. 

I agreed to take the dog (I love dogs myself so it's kind of a win - win situation for me) and she picked little Frankie up yesterday. He's a 15 week old Border Collie and is adorable.   By the way, when I told her that's yet another Mustang I'm owed she looked at me, smiled and said there's plenty of room in the driveway.

Jamie

lionwing

All's well that ends well!

:)
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

red_death

You lucky devil - I'd love a border collie.  Fantastic dogs provided you can keep them challenged (mentally and physically).  They are so intelligent.  Unfortunately living and working in central London isn't conducive to having a collie (or any dog really), which is why I have two of the laziest cats known to man!

Good luck with your new family member.

Cheers, Mike

Newportnobby

Frankie looks wonderful :)
By the way, your wife doesn't happen to have a sister living in the UK by any chance?? :D

scotsoft

I was given a border collie "Topper" on my 8th birthday and we had many years of daft fun together.  He used to pull me along on my roller skates and when I inevitably fell he would bound back and soak me with his tongue.  I could write for a long time about the exploits we had.

In your picture Frankie looks as if he is just waiting on the word to get on with his next adventure  :heart2:

cheers John.

Belated

Smashing looking little pup.  We are on our second rescue collie- right bossy madam too.  I use to do obedience and agility with our previous dogs. this one we think was about twelve with hip problems and me with health issues, so I haven't trained her.  Keep threatening, lol.

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with your dogs - you know what to expect.  Someone told me to only have ex-racing greyhounds, they are so laid back it's untrue.  No walkies in the rain and snow, etc.

More piccies as Frankie grows up, please.

John
:photospleasesign:
John

Oldman

Don't feel guilty -enjoy :claphappy:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

EddieA

OK as a cat person....

I have been there before. You have done the right thing, hope you have many long and happy years ahead.

In my case, an initially feral and wild cat which befriend me. Still with me 12 years later and now curls my on the settee and on my bed purring happily.

"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations