PMs and Buddy thing?

Started by weave, May 21, 2012, 08:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

Not sure if this right site but Owl 729 wants to be a 'buddy' and can't get it to say yes. Says ignore (don't know what I did).

also how do you send a pm anyway?

Thanks for any help and sorry if wrong site.

Stupid from Dumbsville (ie. Weave)

Malc

Don't know about the buddy thing, but messages are sent via the little bubble icon under the poster's name, or via the my messages drop down at the top of the page.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Pengi

To see/edit your buddy list:

Click on Profile and select any of the options in the drop down
Then click on Modify Profile and select Buddies/Ignore list (it is right at the bottom)

You will see a table of you buddies. You should see OwL's name and then click on the accept icon

OwL' s avatar should then be visible on your Profile Summary page - however this page only shows six buddies

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Malc

Thanks for that Pendy, so now I know.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Malcolm Hunt

Quote from: Pengi on May 21, 2012, 08:54:20 AM
To see/edit your buddy list:

Click on Profile and select any of the options in the drop down
Then click on Modify Profile and select Buddies/Ignore list (it is right at the bottom)

You will see a table of you buddies. You should see OwL's name and then click on the accept icon

OwL' s avatar should then be visible on your Profile Summary page - however this page only shows six buddies
I have an unapproved buddy called @N_south - hi, I'm not ignoring you mate, just struggling to get my head around all this buddy malarkey.
I simply cannot see an accept button, at least, not one that says accept anyway. I found what looks like a tick check box, and when I click that, it opens a new message to N_south.
@Pengi , please advise what I'm supposed to do next ?
How ironic that I choose N gauge after I start using reading glasses.
- Progression to prescription glasses has not dissuaded me either.

weave

Hi LostBoy30A,

That OP is a blast from the past.

I did manage to do it in the end and have got some more buddies since but I really don't know what I did and just pressed buttons until it said yes or something like that. Mr. No Memory  :worried:.

Sorry, can't help and 5 1/2 years later I still don't know what the buddy thing does  :confused1:.

Good luck, I'm sure someone will come to the rescue.

Cheers weave  :beers:

austinbob

OK - silly question - I've been aware of 'buddies' since I joined the forum but what is a 'buddy' in relationship to this forum? What advantages are their to being a 'buddy' or having a 'buddy'?
I'm sure there's a simple answer but I can't figure it out - silly me.
:hmmm: :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Tank

This idea is that the more people that join the forum, the harder is can be to locate people who you are closer to.  So, rather than look through the members list for folk, you can simply add them to a 'buddy list' on your profile.

I must admit that I haven't had any new buddies for a few years, so I can't remember off hand where you accept!  :D

austinbob

Quote from: Tank on January 21, 2018, 05:47:18 PM
This idea is that the more people that join the forum, the harder is can be to locate people who you are closer to.  So, rather than look through the members list for folk, you can simply add them to a 'buddy list' on your profile.

I must admit that I haven't had any new buddies for a few years, so I can't remember off hand where you accept!  :D
Ok Tank. All makes sense now
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

daffy

....... the harder is can be to locate people who you are closer to.

I have that problem. I thought it was either old age or drink. :confused1:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

austinbob

Quote from: daffy on January 21, 2018, 06:53:39 PM
....... the harder is can be to locate people who you are closer to.

I have that problem. I thought it was either old age or drink. :confused1:
The drink means you can locate people but you fall over them!!
:laughabovepost:

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

I must admit that I haven't had any new buddies for a few years

Maybe a bath is long overdue :P :-X

Malcolm Hunt

I have just found the icon to accept buddies.

How ironic that I choose N gauge after I start using reading glasses.
- Progression to prescription glasses has not dissuaded me either.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations