The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

I agree entirely. They are a right pain. They are supposed to stop spammers that use software to log into sites. However it seems to work with humans as well. Surely they don't need to make them so difficult to read?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Malc on August 12, 2012, 11:33:59 AM
I agree entirely. They are a right pain. They are supposed to stop spammers that use software to log into sites. However it seems to work with humans as well. Surely they don't need to make them so difficult to read?

You'd be surprised how good the software is these days. Also btw one other reason they are hard to read is that they mix in bits of text from book digitisation projects where the computer couldn't cope. All those annoying little tests are also helping digitise all sorts of literature ..

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

scotsoft

Quote from: Bikeracer on August 10, 2012, 03:59:26 PM
I really don't understand how synchronised swimming can be called a sport.It'll be maypole dancing and smack a rat in a drain pipe next

Allan.

This is probably a bit more fun to watch  :smiley-laughing:

Senior Olympic Synchronized Swimming

cheers John.

jonclox

Quote from: scotsoft on August 12, 2012, 02:59:22 PM

This is probably a bit more fun to watch  :smiley-laughing:

Senior Olympic Synchronized Swimming

cheers John.

:help:  :goggleeyes:  NO I amNOT . I`m behind the camera for once  :doh:
Ooops I mean it nothin to do with me
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

scotsoft

Are you sure this was not taken at your birthday celebrations  :hmmm:  :P  :claphappy: :whiteflag:

Tank

Quote from: Tank on August 15, 2012, 09:43:07 PM
Happy today as I bought CorelDraw X5 (graphics software), and Microsoft Office Professional Plus (£8.95 for the latter, and legal).   :)

I'm so angry....the 'genuine' CD I bought of CorelDraw X5 is a counterfeit. :veryangry2:  I've contacted the seller and I'll see what he will do.  Either way, it's going back, and eBay and Corel will know about it.  What a waste of time. :thumbsdown:

Bikeracer

Hi Tank,

What are the advantages if any of Corel Draw over Photoshop ?

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

scotsoft

Quote from: Bikeracer on August 21, 2012, 12:34:48 PM
Hi Tank,

What are the advantages if any of Corel Draw over Photoshop ?

Allan

I think CorelDraw X5 is better at drawing Pirates  >:D 

Pengi

Postboxes are being stolen in East Hants/West Sussex. I went to a box and all that was left was a few bricks. The thieves are taking virtually the whole box, including all of the Post Office bits.

There are also two nasty scams going on. One is where a toy baby in a cot is being left by the side of the road, drivers stop to see if it is real and then they are dragged off and assaulted.

The other is that eggs are thrown at car windows. As drivers typically use their windscreen washers, their windscreens become covered in cloudy eggy goo. When they pull off the road to clean the windscreen - there are people waiting for them . . .

This sort of stuff just sickens me.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

kaiwhara

Any owners of an E Type Jag here?

Doesn't matter anyway, as none of you are in New Zealand - just as well, considering I came very close to writing one off at Morningside Drive level crossing in Auckland which was stopped on the Up Main behind another one stopped on the Down (I know!!!) waiting for the New North Road Traffic Lights. Despite only travelling at 30MPH your speak, on a 4 car SA set plus a DC locomotive, still stopped passed where they were before they panicked and shunted forward into the car in front!

As if that wasn't bad enough, coming back from Swanson, some clown decided to walk out in front of me at Woodward Road, Mt Albert, despite me being in plain sight, having blasted the horn and headlights on high beam! Worst of all, he was looking at me the whole time!  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Whats wrong with West Auckland FFS!
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Jerry Howlett

So its not just the Uk where the idiots can't recognise a level crossing eh ?.

The Italians also like to queue over crossings, I obviously annoyed a Local as I didn't want to drive onto the level crossing at Lucca, there is about 20 metres between the gates but then the line speed is probably only 50km so I guess they think they have time to bail out if they see a train !
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

moogle

Quote from: Pengy on August 21, 2012, 01:16:15 PM
The other is that eggs are thrown at car windows. As drivers typically use their windscreen washers, their windscreens become covered in cloudy eggy goo. When they pull off the road to clean the windscreen - there are people waiting for them . . .

No one would ever try that where I grew up. (Gravesend, Kent)
If they did the car would stop, reverse and then the driver would get out and beat the c@*p out of them!
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Oldman

>:( >:( >:( >:(
Have had a text message from the employers saying job may not start until mid Sept now, and could only last till xmas.

NOT A HAPPY BUNNY.     
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

scotsoft

Not the best news Mike, but when you do get a start that is the time to show them you are indispensable and they can't do without you  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Donkey

Mid September is only 2/3 weeks away and they have said it could only last until December. That means it could last longer. Lets have you back on the Happy Thread Mike. Fingers crossed for you mate  :thumbsup:

Marty

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations