The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donkey

K-N-Gauge

fisherman

those  little  springs in Grafar couplings  make  me  VERY  angry

another  little sod  has  disappeared  into  the  carpet!
<o({{{<<

Malc

Quote from: SR-Dave on May 12, 2012, 10:14:01 PM
Here's one for you all the "Go Compare" Advert!  GGGRRrrrrrr need I say any more!

Hate the advert, but the annoying thing is that I find myself humming the tune. :(

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on May 13, 2012, 11:12:37 AM
Quote from: SR-Dave on May 12, 2012, 10:14:01 PM
Here's one for you all the "Go Compare" Advert!  GGGRRrrrrrr need I say any more!

Hate the advert, but the annoying thing is that I find myself humming the tune. :(

Nurse!!! There's no help for this man :smiley-laughing:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: fisherman on May 13, 2012, 08:41:27 AM
those  little  springs in Grafar couplings  make  me  VERY  angry

another  little sod  has  disappeared  into  the  carpet!

Whenever you take apart a Farish coupling with those springs in it do so in a clear plastic bag. Then put a tiny spot of superglue on the coupling end and glue the coupling to the spring end taking care to keep it fairly straight.

In future you will be looking for a single larger escapee and it saves much grief.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

fisherman

er... knew  that ..coff..

I had  NO  intention of  fiddling  with  the  couplings...

I was  trimming off  the  buffers  on  my  new  Grafar  mk  3  coaches for  my   new  HST  set...

as one  does....

and  the  bogie swivelled round  and  there  was  this  ever so tiny 'ping' sound...

and  I  said...

'my hearing  must  be  getting  better'....

( or words  to  that  effect...)

but  ty  for  the  advice.. it was appreciated
<o({{{<<

Lawrence

Quote from: fisherman on May 13, 2012, 04:39:50 PM
er... knew  that ..coff..

I had  NO  intention of  fiddling  with  the  couplings...

I was  trimming off  the  buffers  on  my  new  Grafar  mk  3  coaches for  my   new  HST  set...

as one  does....

and  the  bogie swivelled round  and  there  was  this  ever so tiny 'ping' sound...

and  I  said...

'my hearing  must  be  getting  better'....

( or words  to  that  effect...)

but  ty  for  the  advice.. it was appreciated

Now that did make me chuckle  :thumbsup:

B757-236GT

The go compare ad is obviously working as you are talking about it now. The best example of any advertising is useful has Michael "insert derogatory term here "O Leary of a certain low cost airline.  The man claimed to have cancer to try to boost things. Eventually he just said his words had been twisted etc etc. He was so far past the line, he couldnt even see it!

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

moogle

I can't believe no ones been angry for 13 days!  :o
Must be where the suns come out!  :smiley-laughing:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Trainfish

Ok well I'm angry because I managed to fall down the stairs and crack 4 or 5 ribs meaning I can't go out and play golf in this weather because it hurts too much. 3 weeks of pain so far  >:(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Kipper

Went to Maplins for a scart to plug adapter, so I can record my VHS onto DVD via computer. I found that the converter I had already bought only has wire with sockets, whilst my VHS only has scart. The Saturday boy took me to the stand with loads of different gubbins on it, pointed to a scart to sockets and said that was what I wanted. I pointed out that I needed scart to plugs, but to no avail. I then noticed, lower on the stand, just what I needed!
Going to record Easy Rider tonight - just to chill me out.

moogle

Sorry to hear about your fall Trainfish. Can't make modelling any easier either I'd imagine.

Kipper, you were unfortunate to get the dreaded Saturday boy!
I know what you've been through as I remember buying a camera years ago from Dixons.
Saw what one I liked and stood reading the card that was in front of it with the cameras details on it.
The Saturday boy asked if I needed help so I pointed to the camera and asked if he could tell me more about it.
He did no more than pick up the card and read it out! I went back in the week, found out what I wanted and bought the camera.
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Mustermark

Quote from: Trainfish on May 26, 2012, 04:24:53 PM
Ok well I'm angry because I managed to fall down the stairs and crack 4 or 5 ribs meaning I can't go out and play golf in this weather because it hurts too much. 3 weeks of pain so far  >:(

Ouch!

I knew there would be a cure for golf, but had no idea it was that extreme! ;D

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations