what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OwL

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

brbluewill

Quote from: newportnobby on January 16, 2012, 05:55:45 PM
Quote from: gwrwill on January 16, 2012, 04:24:25 PM
not one for the oldies ;D ;D ;D

Dj Tiesto - Adagio for Strings LIVE Concert HD

You're quite right. The original Samuel Barber does it for me.
Apart from that I prefer the Ferry Corsten Remix Radio Edit............hah, oldies indeed (blows raspberry and smirks) :evil:

who ??? what ???  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

Mustermark

Quote from: newportnobby on January 16, 2012, 05:55:45 PM
Quote from: gwrwill on January 16, 2012, 04:24:25 PM
not one for the oldies ;D ;D ;D

Dj Tiesto - Adagio for Strings LIVE Concert HD

You're quite right. The original Samuel Barber does it for me.
Apart from that I prefer the Ferry Corsten Remix Radio Edit............hah, oldies indeed (blows raspberry and smirks) :evil:

With you there, Nobby.  The Barber piece is my favourite bit of classical music, when conducted by Eugene Ormandy it is truly wonderful.

But as far as Oldie goes, i reckon youve got to BE an oldie to remember the William Orbit original dance version. DJ Tiesto did some good stuff, but i also perferred the Ferry Corsten version of Adagio.

Another blast from the past... I've just been listening to Armin van Buuren "10 Years", some quality Euphoria tracks on there. :thumbsup: :music:

I'm makingthe most of Liz being away this week... The Emotiva is going to be doing overtime.

Next up is "Subculture 2010" mixed by John O'Callahan.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Newportnobby

Some early Scorpions (When the smoke is going down/Still loving you/China White) then early Mott the Hoople (1970 Island stuff) then Canned Heat and now Monaco :music:

longbridge

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

longbridge

IMO the ultimate in rock music, Santana live at Woodstock in 1969, gets me in the ticker every time I hear it.

The drummer was only 20 years old and arguably the best there ever was.

Santana - Soul Sacrifice (Woodstock 1969) Incredible drum solo by 20 yr old boy! Michael Shrieve
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

R M Williams

It's Friday.  This means that anyone who sends me an email at work today will get my out of office message saying that Friday is my non working day.  The joy of being part time; and it really winds up some of my colleagues.

So, finally getting round to laying some track, with R.E.M. on random shuffle.  The day can't get better unless Cameron Diaz were to pop round for a cup of tea.  I accept that this is unlikely.
Richard

Newportnobby

Quote from: R M Williams on January 20, 2012, 08:39:50 AM
The day can't get better unless Cameron Diaz were to pop round for a cup of tea.  I accept that this is unlikely.

I know it won't happen 'cos she's cooking me a full English at the moment :evil: (in my dreams anyway)

MinZaPint

Quote from: newportnobby on January 20, 2012, 09:14:46 AM
Quote from: R M Williams on January 20, 2012, 08:39:50 AM
The day can't get better unless Cameron Diaz were to pop round for a cup of tea.  I accept that this is unlikely.

I know it won't happen 'cos she's cooking me a full English at the moment :evil: (in my dreams anyway)

Egg on your face again then!  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

R M Williams

Now on to "S F Sorrow" by the Pretty Things.  They were accused of doing a rip-off of "Tommy" by The Who.  Not true; SF was written and recorded before Tommy, but released later because of record-company problems.

For the first time an engine has moved on my layout, on the bit of track that's there so far.

Cameron said she'll try and make next week.
Richard

Mustermark

Doing the vacuuming before Liz gets home from a week away. Been drowning it out with AC/DC "Back in Black" on my headphones. My ears are ringing now. Not surprising as i just noticed the volume was on full.

A bit of Foo Fighters "In Your Honor" while i finish up and start the dusting.

Doesnt seem like a chore. Just takes twice as long when your air guitar keeps getting in the way.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations