World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Australia vs France tonight.... as much as I want the Aussies to win, I can't see it.

But, you never know! Ghana beat Japan while I was in Tokyo!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Good luck today. Unfortunately, I have to work later this morning. It's at 11 am here and I won't finish til 1  :(.

My local has a few Aussies working there so would have been nice to pop in for a cheeky livener and cheer them on.

As you said, you never know. Egypt were unlucky to not draw against Uruguay.

Enjoy the game.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Bealman

port perran

Shame Bailey Wright wasn't selected for your squad.
But good luck anyway.
It's been a good start overall to the tournament I think.
Football...infected leg......antibiotics....no beer......Grrrrrrr
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

weave

Hi Martin,

Sorry about your leg and sorry i didn't say so on your thread so sorry about your leg.

Can you not take a day off the antibiotics for Monday night? Remember it's England. As you know I'm a Pompey fan and either way, win or lose, I don't think I could cope watching them or England completely sober.

Cup of Tea, weave.

Bealman

The two oldest Bealettes in an Adelaide pub tonight....

Wonder who they are barracacking for.....  ?  ;)

Lawrence

We had a sweep at work, 3 teams each, I managed to pick Peru, Costa Rica and Oz. That was £3 well spent  ::)

Pete @ EGLM

On hols in Croatia at the mo.  We watched Croatia v Nigeria in a bar.  I've got to admire the Croatian people- they are so enthusiastic- nearly everybody in red and white, all the bar staff in replica shirts.  Really good evening and the right result.

Pete @ EGLM

Bealman

Ah well, Aussies went down 2-1, but they put in a respectable performance, I feel.

scottmitchell74

Since the stupid American team didn't make it, I'm going for Iceland and Belgium.

Portugal/Spain - Incredible match!

Peru/Denmark - Really exciting match!
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

The Q

Well the world cup finished a few days ago,  sadly dominated by France, GB came 7th and 15th
http://www.sailing.org/worldcu/results/index.phpp

Bealman

There's a lot of world cups, then.  ;)

Webbo

Another major distraction for me delaying progress on Deadwood. We just finished the ice hockey finals (Stanley Cup) two weeks ago which was good for me wasting 2 hours a day and along comes the World Cup which is good for me also wasting a couple of hours a day. I'm loving it. Not normally much of a fan of soccer, but the World Cup really is something special to watch. Like Scott, I thought the Spain-Portugal match was terrific.

The Oz-France match result was disappointing, but expected even though I think a draw would have been a fairer result considering how the game went. The Mexico-Germany tomorrow morning our time should be a ripper.

Webbo

port perran

It's a huge distraction for me.
Four games yesterday and the cricket as well.
Too much sitting in front of the box here.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations