Dutch Class 50

Started by Carmont, October 09, 2017, 02:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmont

This will interest some:

http://class50.dccsupplies.com/

DCC supplies have commissioned Dapol to produce 50 015 in Dutch livery.

railsquid

Will anyone take on the Portugese Class 50?

Just kidding  :beers:

Tank

You beat me to it!  I've been sent this by them to put on the site....

DCC Supplies are pleased to announce our second N gauge special commission which is to be 50015 'Valiant' in Civil Engineers (Dutch) Livery as operated until its withdrawal.
One of the last '50s withdrawn (On 05/06/92) 50015 was the only class 50 to carry this livery, although Laira based it was often to be found hauling rail tours far away from home as well as the occasional ballast train.

This model is our latest commission from Dapol and will use the all new 'Benchmark' Electronics and mechanical designs developed for Dapol's class 68 N Gauge model. We expect production during Q3 2018.

We are now taking 'Expressions of Interest' on our website and by phone. This will ensure the availability of a model, without any commitment to purchase. We will contact customers shortly before arrival to confirm a reservation and collect a deposit. The quick link to this model is class50.dccsupplies.com or we can be contacted on 01905 621999.
•An N Gauge model of class 121 55034 in Chiltern 'Heritage' Green, as retired during 2017 is available at WebLink: nclass121.dccsupplies.com
•Our growing list of special editions in all scales can be seen at exclusives.dccsupplies.com

Features of our class 50 model:
•Smooth running 5 pole next generation motor
•All wheel pickup
•All wheel drive via re-worked 'smooth drive' low maintenance mechanism.
•Die-cast chassis
•DCC Sound ready, Next-18 decoder socket (recommended 6 function decoder)
•DCC Controlled independent directional front/rear main lamp control
•DCC Controlled independent directional front/rear cab lighting control
•DC override switches for Independent front/rear and cab lighting control
•Removable self-centring close coupling mechanism with NEM pockets
•Standard NEM fitting N Gauge couplers
•RP 25 wheels
•Detailed body and fittings
•Printed name plates
•Accessory bag with etched nameplates and detailed buffer beam fittings
•Clip-fit body for easy DCC fitting
•DCC version with Factory fitted Dapol 'Imperium' decoder
•DCC Sound version available.

Kind regards

Andrew Forty

bluedepot

what year was it painted dutch?

I'm going to order one I think. I'll skip the green one and have this as my novelty class 50!

njee20

Bob G

I have seen photos of it in large logo in August 1990, and by May 1991 it was in  Dutch with snowploughs.
It was withdrawn June 1992 and cut March 1993.

HTH
Bob

Claude Dreyfus

Quote from: Bob G on October 09, 2017, 07:34:51 PM
I have seen photos of it in large logo in August 1990, and by May 1991 it was in  Dutch with snowploughs.

HTH
Bob

Valiant is still very much with us. One of the regular ELR performers.

It as repainted into Dutch livery at the same time as 50008 was painted Laira 'Special Blue' (similar to 50019 and (for a very short time) 50037) and although officially still a departmental loco, spent much of its time on specials.

Skyline2uk

Hmmmmm

This one has me on the fence.

I like the livery, I like that it's bang on my era and it's suitable for West Country....I don't like the price.

I know it's a limited edition and they need to cover costs etc, but I have yet to pay over three figures for an RTR loco.

Suppose the times they are a changing.

Got a while to think about it anyway.

Skyline2uk

Bob G

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on October 09, 2017, 07:52:20 PM
Quote from: Bob G on October 09, 2017, 07:34:51 PM

HTH
Bob

Valiant is still very much with us. One of the regular ELR performers.

It as repainted into Dutch livery at the same time as 50008 was painted Laira 'Special Blue' (similar to 50019 and (for a very short time) 50037) and although officially still a departmental loco
, spent much of its time on specials.

Sorry-don't know where the alternative news came from 😅
Regards
Bob

bridgiesimon

I like the livery, I like that it's bang on my era and it's suitable for West Country....I don't like the price.

Me too, my first thought was -'oh yeah' then the price was pointed out and I thought Nah!!

Simon

spanner

I can't see how the price is different to anywhere else, try the large Liverpool store for example: http://www.hattons.co.uk/58893/Dapol_2D_002_001D_Class_50_50043_in_BR_blue_unrefurbished_DCC_fitted/StockDetail.aspx
Same price. Given that a week ago there wasn't going to be a class 50; selling one at the regular price seems more than fair (especially) for a limited edition to me, thought I'm probably a minority of one  :D

Of course if you're referencing to the across the board price of N gauge then its a fiver more than GF's latest offering.
I just think if its an argument about prices then its a bit unfair to pick on a specific retailers product, when its the manufacturers who effectively set the price. Price rise discussion thread aren't exactly a new subject though.

bluedepot

cheers for replies on the livery dates.

yeah it is a lot of money - the new models are though, but that's why i'll probably not go for sound.  i can always add sound in the future perhaps.

tim

scruff

I asked on the Dapol digest about sound and speakers in the Dapol 50.

I was told the non sound ones will have a speaker mount but no speaker fitted, they will also have solder tabs for fitting the speaker wiring..

I'm seriously considering getting 50015 and 50007 as well as the two refurbished standard range 50's. I just hope they don't announce any other limited edition ones until after the first batch now. Mainly due to cost, around £500 for 4 loco's at the minute and thats for standard DC loco's.

Cheers
Mark

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations