An amazing kind gesture

Started by 1936ace, August 20, 2018, 08:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Hi everyone
Today I came home to a parcel from the UK. My wife rolls her eyes and says" let me guess I've bought nothing this week, it must be an old pre order from months ago"
Having nothing due I opened the parcel up to find three Maunsell coaches in olive green together with a letter
The letter and parcel was from Robbie Burns of Robbies Rolling Stock.
He wrote that he had read that I was a asking about Maunsell coaches and knowing that my dad was not well with liver cancer, made up three Maunsell coaches for my dad as a wish him well gift.
I was blown away by his kindness.
I have taken over the parcel for my dad and I think he was even a little teary as he read the letter.
He loves the coaches, they are spot on he said to say
Thanks Robbie you have made my dad extremely happy.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

BobB

There are some very good people in this world.

port perran

That is indeed a lovely gesture
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Philip.

Brilliant, well done Robbie  :thumbsup:

My best wishes to your Dad too  :wave:

Skyline2uk

Lovely story, I must confess I am not very familiar with Robbie's work....to his Webiste....

I wish you and your farther all the best.

Skyline2uk

1936ace

To those not familiar to Robbie's awesome wagons, it's worth a look.
He has made quite a few wagons for me as gifts for friends as well as my parents. He also made some anniversary wagons for my parents as well.
His detail is spot on.
I can't thank this guy enough for what he brings to our hobby

broadsword

Drakken

What a lovely gesture  :beers:

I've ordered some transfers for a couple of wagons I wanted that have never been made from any of the big companies and they were excellent quality. Plus you get the feeling of these are very limited edition

Train Waiting

Quote from: 1936ace on August 20, 2018, 12:15:00 PM
To those not familiar to Robbie's awesome wagons, it's worth a look.
He has made quite a few wagons for me as gifts for friends as well as my parents. He also made some anniversary wagons for my parents as well.
His detail is spot on.
I can't thank this guy enough for what he brings to our hobby

Many thanks for this information and for sharing the lovely story.  I'm delighted that your Dad is enjoying these carriages.

I'm not familiar with 'Robbies Rolling Stock' and will take steps to change that; forthwith.

Thanks again and all best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Delboy

What a kind and thoughtful man.
I wish all 3 of you the best for the future. Keeping positive is paramount in your father's predicament.
I too shall acqaint myself with Robbie's website.
Dennis.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Tank

Very kind of him indeed.  Well done Robbie!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations