!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: A4 Silver Jubilee rake - is there maker of a kit or RTR  (Read 1321 times)

Offline thebrighton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11588
  • 2mm Association Number: 4483
    • Awards

Offline Shiney Sheff

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23792
    • Awards
Re: A4 Silver Jubilee rake - is there maker of a kit or RTR
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2018, 06:00:41 pm »
Thanks  :thumbsup:

Offline Atso

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2018, 12:03:25 pm »
I'm hoping that the N Soc get their Gresley bogies back in production soon.

The NGS Gresley bogies are the 8' wheelbase ones that were used for the full brakes. The Silver Jubilee used 8'6 bogies - the triple restaurant car used 10' bogies under the articulation points after November 1937 (8'6 before that). Interestingly the second (non-catering) triple set in the formation (rebuilt from a twin due to the success of the service) retained 8'6 bogies throughout its life.

Offline Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2018, 12:24:15 pm »
I'm hoping that the N Soc get their Gresley bogies back in production soon.

The NGS Gresley bogies are the 8' wheelbase ones that were used for the full brakes. The Silver Jubilee used 8'6 bogies - the triple restaurant car used 10' bogies under the articulation points after November 1937 (8'6 before that). Interestingly the second (non-catering) triple set in the formation (rebuilt from a twin due to the success of the service) retained 8'6 bogies throughout its life.

I have your 8'6" bogie prints and plan to use them on some rebuilt Cavendish LNER coaches.  I have not put my mind to the Jubilee build yet and if the Cavendish coaches work out I may go that way.  the Cavendish rebuilds have a 3D printed coach former and are therefore very lite. My worry is a FUD bogie might wear too much with a metal coach and the additional weight.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £62.00
Above Goal: £7.00
Site Currency: GBP
113% 
June Donations

Advertise Here