what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exmouthcraig

War of the world's (original) soundtrack talking with Richard Burton.

Mick I always guessed you'd be an old rocker, the image I have of you, having never met I might add, Mick the decent bloke off Time Team. I imagine you to be alike, very well spoken, hugely knowledgeable bloke, great one too lose hundreds of hours discussing things with sat there in a rainbow wooly jumper. :)

Newportnobby

Very kind words but, as those who know me better will confirm, the truth is quite different. An older rocker - yes. Well spoken -yes (until I break into fluent Anglo-Saxon). When I first moved to Lancashire I was constantly asked whether I hailed from London. When I replied "No. Why?" the answer was always "Well, you're not from Lancashire". Ergo, there are are only 2 places in the universe - London and Lancashire ::) Hugely knowledgeable - no,sirree :dunce: As for rainbow woolly jumpers - I can't wear wool as it makes my skin itch so I tend to do sweatshirts. fleeces and the like. I don't like jumpers anyway, although I tend to wear silly Christmas ones at that time of year, c/w flashing lights in one case! I've not seen Time Team but do have, and really enjoy (apart from hammy David Essex) the Jeff Wayne War of the Worlds CD. Sorry if that's all blown any cred I had :angel:

exmouthcraig

None at all sir! I'm not sure I'd like to know peoples image and or perception of me.

I'm not from a railway background, merely roofing industry and farmings although I strive to get everything right and as I want it I really do enjoy listening reading and talking to people who have vast knowledge in and about the industry we model.

I'm always concerned of almost boring people with my background and knowledge which im sure many people do but we need to ask and discuss so it's not all lost forever.

Have a great weekend Mick, what's left of it anyway

Craig

Tank

fatso

Always looking on the bright side of life

Mr. Germanman

Better a small and ugly Layout as no Modelrailway

Newportnobby

Having watched Team GB do pretty well in the cycling World Chamionships I'm bending an ear to some gentle Sunday afternoon Neil Young - 'After the goldrush' and 'Harvest'

tutenkhamunsleeping

Newportnobby

A lady who I rate as (almost) on a par with Maggie Bell............

GoesWhenReady

Been a while... basically other things in life got in the way of any modelling I had prepared, but I'm still here and eager to get back into the habit.

As far as music's concerned, I am an unabashed ragtime fanatic.

N is small and ideal for all.

GroupC

To welcome myself back to my music collection after a week's holiday I've got Idles' "Brutalism" going on loudly at the moment. I may have mentioned them before.

Profane, political and scary. Not one for the "youngsters". Track 3 esp. You have been warned.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Kate Bush - The Sensual World

Yesterday I listened to her "50 Words for Snow" and woke up this morning* to see more of the infernal stuff outside than during the alleged "Beast from the East" of recent times.  It's all my fault! :o

* as any blues player would tell you

Newportnobby

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on March 18, 2018, 10:35:10 AM
Kate Bush - The Sensual World

Yesterday I listened to her "50 Words for Snow" and woke up this morning* to see more of the infernal stuff outside than during the alleged "Beast from the East" of recent times.  It's all my fault! :o

* as any blues player would tell you

If you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all ;) You must have been born under a bad sign.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations