World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I guess most would say England should win against Tunisia but, as the Germans and Brazilians have discovered, nothing can be taken for granted :no:

Malc

I drew Mexico in the sweepstake, so looking for a big payout.😁😁😁
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

weave

Well here we go!!!

0 - 0 or worse bitter disappointment, it's the English way  :D  :no:   :worried:  :doh:  ;)  :beers:

port perran

Half Time 1-1 but we'll be ok.
Another glass of alcohol free beer  :beers:   :(

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

scottmitchell74

Well, well...Tunisia hanging in there. I think England will wear them down, though. The first 33' was all England.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

scottmitchell74

All of England thanking the heavens for Harry Kane.

Spurs!!
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

dannyboy

Isn't it amazing though? Somebody scores a goal, (any match), he slides on his knees for a few yards, 7 or 8 team mates pile on top of him and then they all get up without anybody being injured! If a player gets a foot or an arm round an opposing player, the opposing player immediately falls to the ground clutching his leg/head, in need of immediate medical attention.  ???  Still, well done England.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

weave

Medical attention for players? My heart will give out one day if they keep doing that.

:claphappy:

We're off and running, well, stumbling a bit  :)

Cheers weave  :beers:

Newportnobby

A few things to admire but still too many nail biting moments, and if they fail to put away the chances they created it will be their undoing. Professional footie players being paid what they're paid shouldn't be miscuing or scuffing shots. Poor Harry Kane must have thought he was in a WWF match not a football match!

thebrighton

Kane's winner helped paper over the usual cracks :(

Jon898

Quote from: dannyboy on June 18, 2018, 09:03:41 PM
Isn't it amazing though? Somebody scores a goal, (any match), he slides on his knees for a few yards, 7 or 8 team mates pile on top of him and then they all get up without anybody being injured! If a player gets a foot or an arm round an opposing player, the opposing player immediately falls to the ground clutching his leg/head, in need of immediate medical attention.  ???  Still, well done England.

Like this? 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck7tFH9R1kE

scottmitchell74

Quote from: dannyboy on June 18, 2018, 09:03:41 PM

My hand to God, my wife said almost verbatim the same thing you just wrote after Kane scored. Amazing!

joe cassidy

Can the England players be given GPSs with the coordinates of the opponent's goal?

Is that allowed under the rules of football ?

I nevertheless had a good evening watching the match in a Charles Wells pub in Paris with my kids.

Best regards,

Joe

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations