The Great Glen...

Started by Zogbert Splod, February 28, 2017, 01:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zogbert Splod

I've just heard of a plan to produce a TV show about railway modelling. The show would cover the building of a line along the length of Scotland's Great Glen, around 75 miles. The model would be in 'O' gauge.
I don't know if I would actually class this as 'modelling' as we know it on the forum here. Interesting though.
For now, that's all I know.....
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Zogbert Splod

Lovely!

Planning thread:

I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

daffy

Could make for Nessie-sary viewing as it will be a monster of a model line. :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Zogbert Splod

Doesn't matter what thread you look on in this forum lately, it's become pun central! I don't know who has trained you all but there were no sleepers in the class that day.  :NGaugersRule:
Lovely!

Planning thread:

daffy

Puns aside - I'm ignoring the temptation to pick up on your 'sleepers' @Zogbert Splod - let's hope the finished program, and the rail line, are more successful than James May's Flying Scotsman model outing, fun that it was.

Doesn't seem to be any time-frame mentioned. :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

:oopssign:
I thought this was a thread about a certain Mr Campbell but can see I was wrong so I'll leave quietly now.

mr magnolia

Quote from: daffy on February 28, 2017, 07:01:38 PM
Doesn't seem to be any time-frame mentioned. :hmmm:

It'll be a part of the plan to keep us up here quiet and unthinking over the next little while. Just in case we get any ideas above our station... *flag*

Donald

surfaceman

Quote from: Zogbert Splod on February 28, 2017, 02:55:20 PM
Doesn't matter what thread you look on in this forum lately, it's become pun central! I don't know who has trained you all but there were no sleepers in the class that day.  :NGaugersRule:

No need to rail against it!

:worried:

Zogbert Splod

Lovely!

Planning thread:

daffy

Many thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

It will be an interesting venture.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

DELETED

Living in Culloden I think I'll have to keep an eye out for this one.  I'm not sure how they'll manage to do that -I suspect there will be allot of TV smoke and mirrors employed artistic licence used but I was declared a pessimist from birth and prepared to be proven wrong.

Rich

Zogbert Splod

Quote from: RST on March 04, 2017, 11:58:02 PM
Living in Culloden I think I'll have to keep an eye out for this one.  I'm not sure how they'll manage to do that -I suspect there will be allot of TV smoke and mirrors employed artistic licence used but I was declared a pessimist from birth and prepared to be proven wrong.

Rich
I'm with you, I can't see them laying 75 real miles of 'O' gauge track. At the best it'll be lay some, run a bit, lift some from behind, move it ahead, repeat...  I'm still gonna watch it to see what they do though.....
Lovely!

Planning thread:

DELETED

LoL

If we assume 40% trade discount off Hattons 12yd pack @ £73 I reckon we'd be talking £400k of track but the logistics would render it N/A anyway (I kniow what all the roads are like -and they're pretty AWFUL).  They'd be cheaper renting a sports pitch and setting up the scale run of track at £10k.  OR I suspect they'll pick a few scenic points on the way, lay a 100yds, film it, move on.  It'll be a bit like great canal journeys do.

.....not like we're talking Eastenders viewer figures so I'd be a little realistic what they're proposing.

Interesting project though!!

Rich

austinbob

In addition, if they're talking about laying all the track in the two week period, that's five miles of track a day.
:hmmm:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Graham Walters

Latest news is that it's some collaboration between C4 and the BBC in Scotland, they are now putting out an appeal for volunteers to help out in the building of it.
Test Valley Models
testvalleymodels@gmail.com

Opening hours;
Monday Closed
Tues - Fri 1000 - 1700 
Sat 0900 - 1700 

Closed Public and Bank Holidays

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77