Crowdfunding Forum Consolidation

Started by njee20, June 29, 2017, 11:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

I like that Revolution has its own sub-forum within "crowdfunding", but does each project need its own sub-forum within that? It's basically a 1:1 mapping of forums to topics, much easier to just have all the topics in one place IMO.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: njee20 on June 29, 2017, 11:18:19 AM
I like that Revolution has its own sub-forum within "crowdfunding", but does each project need its own sub-forum within that? It's basically a 1:1 mapping of forums to topics, much easier to just have all the topics in one place IMO.

Under Dapol and Farish individual new models get their own thread.  Giving each Revolution product and individual thread is consistent,  however maybe they should be in the product area and the crowdfunding discussion stays there.

NeMo

I think I agree with Snowwolflair: if I want to know how the Revolution 321 EMU is coming along, I like being able to go to that specific thread. The alternative, surely, would be one giant Revolution thread with updates on all their projects? Or am I missing something, @njee20?

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

njee20

Not one thread, one forum. Currently you go to the crowdfunding forum, then the 321 forum, then the 321 thread. I guess maybe with time there'll be more threads by each model, valid point it matches other manufacturers.

Yet_Another

While on the subject, in both the crowdfunding and review forums, there are too many levels of subforum for the 'new posts' function to work properly. The little orange 'new' box shows up, but clicking on it results in no posts being displayed.

Also, in the review forum, the most a manufacturer gets is a 'diesel/electric' and a 'steam' subforum at the top level (eg BachFar), as opposed the the DJM & Revolution ones, which get multiple subforums under the top level one. Same point as above, really, but results in much more clickage to get to the actual info.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

njee20

There are far too many sub forums everywhere IMO, but I thought I'd start with this one :)

njee20

And once you change it Paul I'll start another thread asking you to change it back! :D

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations