what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davieb

Hi all  :wave:

Having a nice quiet night in doing a bit of kit building and listening to........   :headbang:

Motörhead - Stage Fright 2006 (Full Concert)

dave  :thumbsup:

GlenP

As it happens I'm listening to The House Band in its circa 1983 incarnation. I saw them at The Bridge in Newcastle when at Uni and bought their record. Ripped it a few years back to MP3 as there are no other recordings of that particular line-up as far as I know.

Bit different from last Wednesday (Wolverhampton Civic Hall for the Status Quo Reunion Tour!)

Glen

scotsoft

keerout

A bit more restfull; Fairport; the white dress...... 
http://youtu.be/cBXgRQN_N_E
G.

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

keerout

longbridge

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

petercharlesfagg

Electronica music + Munich Syndrome.  A great piece called "Revenge"!

Regards Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Pengi

A repeat of the Rail Franchise Statement on the BBC Parliament Channel
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Oldman

A pre-recorded cassette. :help:
Classic old BBC comedy -Not the Nine o'clock News.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Newportnobby

Quote from: Oldman on March 27, 2013, 08:50:45 PM
A pre-recorded cassette. :help:
Classic old BBC comedy -Not the Nine o'clock News.

Daddy - what's a cassette? :-X

Oldman

Quote from: newportnobby on March 27, 2013, 08:54:16 PM

One of those things that Philips invented and Sony popularised with their first Walkman.
A more compact device than the 8 track cartridge.

Both had a polyester/mylar base coated with a magnetic medium, some were ferric oxide, chrome dioxide and I can't remember the 3rd one.

However my prefered medium for recording those days was 1/2" mag tape on a 10 1/4"Nab spool on my Revox B77
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

longbridge

Quote from: Oldman on March 27, 2013, 09:02:43 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on March 27, 2013, 08:54:16 PM

One of those things that Philips invented and Sony popularised with their first Walkman.
A more compact device than the 8 track cartridge.

Both had a polyester/mylar base coated with a magnetic medium, some were ferric oxide, chrome dioxide and I can't remember the 3rd one.

However my prefered medium for recording those days was 1/2" mag tape on a 10 1/4"Nab spool on my Revox B77

Those were the days can we have them back please, IMO since everything went digital its gone backwards  :veryangry:

I also enjoyed my music on a Tandberg 10XD reel to reel and a Uher CG350 Cassette Deck.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations