Oh dear it's happened I am getting OLD!

Started by acko22, October 15, 2018, 10:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffin

Decades ago an aunt of mine who was a teacher used to refer to miniskirts (do you not remember them?) as pelmets.

Plus ca change....

guest311

Quote from: acko22 on October 15, 2018, 10:34:23 PM
I even told the other half and her response was "shut up you old fart"

I take it you have checked her half of the wardrobe ? you never know, you might be in fir a 'pleasant' surprise  ;) :smiley-laughing:

Dorsetmike

Dunno what's up with all you youngsters, just wait to you really GET old - like past the big 80, bits of you don't work right. some even not at all, you can easily fall over without being drunk, you can't hear much, (that can be a blessing in disguise given the cacophony that passes for music these days) you get to go to more funerals than weddings, the only time you see your kids is when they want something etc etc.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

The Q

I don't need to get to 80 to have bits of me fail to work or be constant pain. I don't have a problem with kids not visiting me,, I haven't got any... I have a slight increase in weddings to go to, nieces and nephews...not long before great nieces and nephews..

Nick

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 16, 2018, 10:31:50 AM
However, my mother (aged a young 85), has told us kids of her school days when skirts had to come below the knee in fear of dire punishment, yet as soon as they were off the school premises the girls used to put a tuck in the skirt such that it came above the knee.
Plus ca change, eh?
My mother, who would now be 98 if she was still alive, bless her heart, told me exactly the same story. There was also something to do with ties and blouse buttons...

As you say, plus ca change.
Nick

The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire

acko22

Quote from: class37025 on October 16, 2018, 10:48:12 AM
you both know what my response in person is likely to be  :smiley-laughing: )

at a rough guess, might it include precision application of various types of high explosive  :smiley-laughing:

Nah that's to obvious I was thinking an old school Ammo Boot (those who have worn them know how chunk they are) and a well aimed shot at the front or rear!!  :goggleeyes:
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Lawrence

Make them all wear WRAF skirts, the best contraceptive known to man  ;D

colpatben

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on October 16, 2018, 09:01:30 AM
In High Wycombe we have a girls High School at the top of Marlow hill Val and Me were taking some rubbish up to the tip and as we went past the girls were coming out of the gate , and the first thing they did was rolled  their skirts up to what has been already described as a wide belt .
Bob Tidbury

Bob, I have a Granddaughter currently at The High School.

Quote from: PaulCheffus on October 16, 2018, 10:57:06 AM
Quote from: acko22 on October 15, 2018, 11:11:38 PM
She aint never going out like that

Hi

Good luck with that stance.

Cheers

Paul

Hear Hear, I often said that to her mother! Now it's her turn to agonise on how her daughter dresses.

Plus ca change....
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

railsquid

Quote from: colpatben on October 17, 2018, 07:04:01 AM
Quote from: Bob Tidbury on October 16, 2018, 09:01:30 AM
In High Wycombe we have a girls High School at the top of Marlow hill Val and Me were taking some rubbish up to the tip and as we went past the girls were coming out of the gate , and the first thing they did was rolled  their skirts up to what has been already described as a wide belt .
Bob Tidbury

Bob, I have a Granddaughter currently at The High School.

I think my mother went to that high school too (long enough ago that she recalls the journey to school involving steam locomotives).

Trainfish

Right so where to begin, well I didn't think I was that old but......

SO I was travelling home the other night as my train came to a halt at Manchester Oxford Road and on the opposite platform was a group of young ladies no more than 4 years older than my daughter on a night out i am guessing and how do I put this..... what they were wearing can only be describe as rubber adult attire (The is a family forum after all), and the only thing I could think was:

WHO WOULD LET THEIR KIDS GO OUT LIKE THAT!

At the time I wouldn't be surprised if I tutted on getting home I even told the other half and her response was "shut up you old fart", and that's when it hit me! I have become the grumpy old man, going for young joyful and full of cheer it seems that is all behind me!

So young me RIP, the old man is here (and yes I was grumpy anyway so whats your point @Only Me @red_death , you both know what my response in person is likely to be  :smiley-laughing: )

I know the thread is a month old so you have probably deleted them now but did you take any pictures?  8)
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Dorsetmike

Quote from: Lawrence on October 16, 2018, 07:30:29 PM

Wrong, go in one more layer,  WRAF drawers, enough to soften any mans resolve.
Bindair Dundat.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

guest311

I could never understand why they had to be back in the WAAF block by, IIRC, 23:00...or it might have been 22:00,

after all, what could happen after 23:00 that couldn't happen before 23:00  :hmmm:

guest311

Quote from: Dorsetmike on November 17, 2018, 04:08:11 PM
Quote from: Lawrence on October 16, 2018, 07:30:29 PM

Wrong, go in one more layer,  WRAF drawers, enough to soften any mans resolve.
Bindair Dundat.

drawers, cellular , WRAF, pairs, one  :smiley-laughing:

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

tcinbg

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations