what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poliss

Newportnobby

This morning I har mostly listening to Pink Floyd's "Pulse". Suitably chill for a Sunday morning reading the posts. :music:

lesmond

Good choice, there, Nobby,

Wooly Bully by Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs here as I contemplate taking the shower drain apart to clean the wife's hair out of it (again).
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

moogle

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 16, 2011, 11:46:52 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on August 15, 2011, 10:37:49 PM
Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 15, 2011, 10:16:58 PM
Hörstreich

??? sorry EP - gissa clue please. Where can I find this?

www.hoerstreich.de

I've downloaded and listened to some of their stuff. Not bad if I may say so!

Quote from: lesmond on August 21, 2011, 11:31:23 AM
Good choice, there, Nobby,

Wooly Bully by Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs here as I contemplate taking the shower drain apart to clean the wife's hair out of it (again).

Oh dear. Is she asking for it back? I thought only us guys did that!  :evil:

Today I'm listening to Depeche Mode - Greatest Hits.

Enjoy the silence...  :music:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Mustermark

Today I am listening to the fabulous sound of my new Emotiva 125W/channel Amp and Preamp.  Never heard my speakers (Swan Divas) properly till today! :beers: :music:

I will now need to get new ears to truly appreciate the sound quality. :smiley-laughing:

So far I have test driven Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd), Kick It (The Breakfastaz), Hard to Stay (Freestylers), Busy Child (The Crystal Method), Adagio for Strings (Barber/Eugene Ormandy), Jump (Van Halen), Prowler (Iron Maiden) and Warm on the Inside (Crazy P).

I suspect my poor wife is thoroughly hacked off.  Our tastes in music only overlap with Pink Floyd!

My old Sony amp and Wharfedale bookshelf speakers will now be employed under the control of my laptop beneath my layout playing the sounds of station announcements and trains as they leave the station. ::)

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Mustermark

Quote from: newportnobby on August 21, 2011, 11:28:40 AM
This morning I har mostly listening to Pink Floyd's "Pulse". Suitably chill for a Sunday morning reading the posts. :music:

Good choice there Nobby.

Mustermark

taking the shower drain apart to clean the wife's hair out of it (again).

Possibly the worst job around the house... gross!  You have my sympathy.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Mustermark on August 21, 2011, 03:45:00 PM
taking the shower drain apart to clean the wife's hair out of it (again).

Possibly the worst job around the house... gross!  You have my sympathy.

I told my wife I was never going to do that again - mind you, she was attached to the hair at the time :evil:

lesmond

It's still not done.. but will be soon, 'cos I'm really fed up with it  :thumbsdown:

Mustermark - excellent choice of amp there. You will love it  :thumbsup:

I was recently given (yes given!!) a set of Linn Keilidh L300 floor standing speakers and an amplifier to suit (can't remember make / model off hand) and am going to rework my office to install them. I'm there more than I'm at home, so reckon that is the place for them. Also, I've no neighbours there, so can turn it all up to 11 if I want to.

To keep on-topic, David Gilmour Live in Gdansk and Pink Floyd's The Division Bell have both had an outing today.

Update @ 5.55pm - job done, flow restored!!

Newportnobby

After a pressing engagement with the iron (back to work after a weeks hols :() I've been chilling to Vangelis "Themes"

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Mustermark on August 21, 2011, 03:40:59 PM
Today I am listening to the fabulous sound of my new Emotiva 125W/channel Amp and Preamp.  Never heard my speakers (Swan Divas) properly till today!

So far I have test driven Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)

Don't forget to test the missile strike at the start of side 2 of The Final Cut ...

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

lesmond

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 21, 2011, 10:28:43 PM
Quote from: Mustermark on August 21, 2011, 03:40:59 PM
Today I am listening to the fabulous sound of my new Emotiva 125W/channel Amp and Preamp.  Never heard my speakers (Swan Divas) properly till today!

So far I have test driven Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)

Don't forget to test the missile strike at the start of side 2 of The Final Cut ...

Absolutely - that's a bit of a "must" for a test of new kit...

Mustermark

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 21, 2011, 10:28:43 PM

Good tip - thanks!  I just sent all our cats running for shelter!  Fantastic noise. 8)

Am now listening to the album.  Forgot just how good it is.  Brilliantly engineered.

longbridge

A special treat for today, I downloaded a heap of American Diesel videos from Youtube then burned them to DVDs, SWMBO has gone out for the afternoon so I will watch them with the volume turned up, its a while since I blew the cobwebs out of the Wharfedales.

Last time I did that my next door neighbor went out into her front yard looking for the train     
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations