Sadly a sign of the times

Started by Paul-H, October 21, 2018, 08:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul-H

Just over a month ago the local Rotery club installed a Defibrillator in our high street all in its heated yellow box to keep it safe in in full working order should some poor sole ever need it.

Last night the local feral thugs destroyed it.

Words escape me or at least words I can use on an open forum do.

What utter scum we are breeding these days.

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

joe cassidy

I hope that this was filmed by security cameras.

paulprice

Quote from: joe cassidy on October 21, 2018, 08:24:55 PM
I hope that this was filmed by security cameras.

If it was filmed nothing will happen, they will make up some excuse for the terrible behaviour  :censored:

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Paul-H on October 21, 2018, 08:21:12 PM
Just over a month ago the local Rotery club installed a Defibrillator in our high street all in its heated yellow box to keep it safe in in gull working order should some poor sole ever need it.

Last night the local feral thugs destroyed it.

Woods escape me or st least words I can use on an open forum do.

Paul

There is the difference between sadly the UK I left and the country I now reside in.
The local youth organisation have put money into many projects.  We not only hae the local ex phone box conveted to be a Debrillatator, there is a 5 a side football field with flood lights and changing rooms (used only from June to July)  and I know that some of the young uns smoke dope in the village but NO***sole  thinks lets go and smah up / steal a life saving device. 
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

NinOz

Quote from: Paul-H on October 21, 2018, 08:21:12 PM
Been breeding them for millennia. 
Nothing new. :(
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Paul-H

Yes but we used to have regular Wars to cull the numbers, now they are living long enough to breed themselves.
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Yet_Another

It's all right, it won't be long before the wars start now: they're allowed to vote as well.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Newportnobby

What I have to say about this minority would not escape the censor's scissors and, in most instances, I blame the parents. Let's face it, if you don't train a dog how to behave it acts wildly and can result in appalling events. However, I do stress this is a minority so we shouldn't tar all with the same brush. As an example, my youngest sister has 3 children. 2 are wonderful but the 3rd is just a little sod to whom I wouldn't give the time of day.

Bealman

I didn't want to hoe into this, but can't help meself.

I taught teenagers for all my working life, and without getting into an argument, it was utterly, that the problem kids came from bad parenting.

In fact these kids came to school looking for an escape.

Anyway we're a model railway forum, but I have extremely strong views on the education of young people.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

austinbob

Unfortunately, these days, if something in the public domain can be moved or broken then it's likely it will get moved and/or broken.
A couple of recent examples at our local sports field..
Picnic benches smashed to pieces and littered over the football pitches.
Two mobile football goals (on wheels) dragged to block the path round the field and then the wheels ripped off.
We don't have waste bins anymore cos they get vandalised.
Very sad  :'(
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Malc

Although the sketch is about football hooligans, I think it applies equally well to those who wantonly destroy things.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

njee20

And of course it's nearly 40 years old; nothing changes!

dannyboy

Back in the mid 1970's, I arrested a juvenile for a burglary offence. My Inspector decided that the juvenile would receive a caution for the offence. When I pointed out that the juvenile had already received four, (yes 4), previous cautions, I was told that it did not matter, as 'the system' allowed for this, because they were not for similar offences!  :o. Not that I am saying anything about society being too lenient - that could be construed as a political statement.! I believe that everyone should be given a chance in life - but five!  :no:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations