Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadsword

I was in Morrisons supermarket and using the self service check out. While sorting out
change I dropped a £1 coin which rolled under a cabinet and I couldn't retrieve it.... :(

dannyboy

Happy Birthday for tomorrow daffy  :beers:. And don't forget, when you smile, keep your mouth shut!  :D. (Could not find a way to black out one of the teeth on the smiley  :-X).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: daffy on August 24, 2018, 12:21:27 PM

I wonder if I put the old crown under my pillow tonight whether or not the Tooth Fairy (or her half-sister  ;) ) will leave me anything other than a gappy smile come the morning?

I used to get a tanner from the Tooth Fairy for a tooth. What's the exchange rate for a crown, and will the Tooth Queen visit?

The Q

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 24, 2018, 04:22:34 PM

I wonder if I put the old crown under my pillow tonight whether or not the Tooth Fairy (or her half-sister  ;) ) will leave me anything other than a gappy smile come the morning?

I used to get a tanner from the Tooth Fairy for a tooth. What's the exchange rate for a crown, and will the Tooth Queen visit?

A crown for a crown?  5 shillings that is, 60 old pence,  25 new pence..

paulprice

Quote from: The Q on August 25, 2018, 07:40:52 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on August 24, 2018, 04:22:34 PM

A crown for a crown?  5 shillings that is, 60 old pence,  25 new pence..

Its like a different world, are you chaps Time Travellers or something  :P

I mean YOUNG MODERN TRENDY PEOPLE like me have not idea what your on about,  :angel: :angel: :angel:

outofgauge

Be careful the halo doesn't slip and choke you young man ! Shows how far behind we are -my grandchildren got £5 for the first tooth out and then £2 there after .  :bounce:
Regards
Neil

Remember -this is not a practice ! One go only !
And I was Born ready .

dannyboy

Quote from: outofgauge on August 25, 2018, 08:04:32 AM
my grandchildren got £5 for the first tooth out

£5!!  :o. That would have done a mouthful each for my 2 sisters, brother and myself - with change!  :goggleeyes:
David.

daffy

Despite leaving the crown under my pillow last night, sadly it was not replaced with any coin, gold, or jewel by any ethereal be-wingéd creature. :(

I guess the current economic situation is affecting all levels of life, real or imagined, and that the fairy lights at the end of the tunnel have been turned off indefinitely. :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Philip.

Quote from: dannyboy on August 25, 2018, 08:30:39 AM
Quote from: outofgauge on August 25, 2018, 08:04:32 AM
my grandchildren got £5 for the first tooth out

£5!!  :o. That would have done a mouthful each for my 2 sisters, brother and myself - with change!  :goggleeyes:

A tanner per tooth was the going rate when I was a nipper  :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

Just when I'm trying to save some dosh for things N gauge railways related (such as the forthcoming maroon Thompson coaches from Farish), my washing machine has decided to self destruct and now sounds like I've emptied a couple of horseshoes into the drum. I am now £250 worse off for a new one coming next Tuesday (i.e. a rake of the aforesaid Thompsons)
However, I have not put this post in the Angry Thread as, when I bought this place 8 years ago, the couple left it for me. I have no idea how long they had it but it has done sterling service so I can't whinge too much. The timing just sucks ::)

Delboy

Well Mick,
If your new one last you another 8 years for £250 you will be posting in the Happy Thread topic.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

daveg

You obviously didn't select the correct program on the machine, Mick!

I suppose it being an older bit of kit, it may not have the almost essential 'Horseshoe' washing option!

Darned nuisance though but with any luck your usual Christmas vouchers will come to the rescue.

Dave G

joe cassidy

I know how you feel Mick. This year my washing machine, oven and fridge have all conked out :'(

daffy

Well Mick, the good news is that the all-new, all-singing and dancing new machine will be with you on Tuesday, so that gives you plenty of time to put out ads and posters, cos from that date you will be able to take in washing for all your overworked and time-stressed neighbours. At a rate of, say, £20 a wash-load you would soon have enough for the Thompsons.

:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

David.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations