Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian D and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fratton

I use the same compressor it's working really well for me, continuous reliable air, very nice choice of airbrush, im using cheap ones at the moment but I've been having success in spraying so thinking of tooling up,,,,,, how much was the eclipse?
Charlie.

Phil Hendry

Cheers Fratton,

The Eclipse SBS was £119.70 (retail is £150), bought from GraphicAir Online, via Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Iwata-IW-ECL-CS-Eclipse-CS-Airbrush/dp/B001I17JV8/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366374352&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=iwata+eclipse+sbs.  That was the cheapest I could find from a genuine Iwata-approved retailer.

Came with the full 10-year UK Warranty paperwork and everything.  Going to set up and have a go with it very shortly - start out with ink on paper, as I usually do with a new a/b.

If that NSE 47 was an example of what you can achieve with a cheap air-brush, I can't wait to see what you'd do with a good one...
I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

Phil Hendry

It has to be said that, after my Aztek A470, this seems in a different class altogether.  It's a beautiful piece of Japanese engineering, beautifully finished.  It inspires confidence, in a way a chunk of mass-produced plastic never could.  It's like 2010s Kato alongside 1980s Farish.  Now to try it out...
I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

AC

Quick pics just to show and tell, so low quality.
This arrived yesterday:

There's also another 3 coaches, but as they are the same as the 3 pictured, I didn't bother photographing them aswell.
It's the Dapol 'Hinderton Hall' and 6 Collett Coaches in GWR Shirtbutton livery from Osborn's Models.

Only given the loco a quick test run to check it works and it seems pretty good.

Also took a pic of it with my old Poole built Farish 'Raveningham Hall';

My NGF Layout Thread: Stanley Yard; a Model Railway in a Toolbox
My NGF Workbench Thread: AC's Occasional Modelling Thread

My Modelling Blog (Multiple Scales): AC's Miscellaneous Model Mixture Blog
My Old Website: AC's Stuff

scotsoft

A smart looking loco and coaches  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Bealman

Geez doesn't it show up that old Poole model.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

AC

It does a bit. Can't wait to get my new railway sorted so I can see it running properly.

Bealman

AC

Some wagon kits this time that arrived today from County Rolling Stock;

Will start a thread for these when I start to put them together.

Apparently, the N7 Loco Coal wagons were put into general goods traffic when they were replaced by all steel wagons, so I was thinking of making one as the N7 and trying to add a sheet rail or coke rails to at least one of the others.
Don't know if they'd have kept their previous numbers or been given new numbers when they were converted though. Apparently there wasn't a new diagram issued for the converted wagons.

davidjhope

Birthday Present today from my Dad.
:D

Well chuffed as I've got a soft spot for the 73's

Also got the complete series 3 of Doctor Who DVD, The Hobbit DVD, Will Hay Oh Mr Porter, 4 x Doctor Who Audio Books on CD, N gauge Tardis (With flashing light), bottle of scotch and some chocolate.
Best of all I've been off work all this week and I've got next week as well.

scotsoft

Happy Birthday David, it looks like you did quite well for goodies  :D

cheers John.

portland-docks

I just picked up the dapol flying scotsman dcc set today, great set and the loco runs perfectly out the box, i will get some pics up later, so i now have a rake of 8 gresley crimson cream coaches too, looks nice all set up!
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

bluedepot

congrats on the 73s david!

congrats on the flying scotsman set portland!  what do you think of the gaugemaster controller that came with it?

tim

portland-docks

Its a great controller only downside is its wired to the power supply, so at some point im going to get the wireless one but it is giod i would recomend itm, bargain set no doubt
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Bealman

Now that sounds like my flavour. Can't wait to see the pics!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations