N,porium listing problems

Started by REGP, October 17, 2014, 10:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REGP

Hit a couple of problems with my listings and wonder if anyone can advise me of correct procedures.

Just tried to add an item, although I have added a photo of the item to one of my albums, whenever I click on the browse facility it defaults to photos held on my PC. How do I point it to my albums held on the Forum.

Also I wanted to reduce the price of an item already listed but can't find a way to do. Is there a way to do this without relisting item?

Thanks on anticipation.

Ray

Pengi

Just so that I have understood this correctly, you want to use an image that in the media gallery in your item instead of uploading it from your computer?

I have replicated this and cannot see a way of doing it either - as it only gives the option to upload from computer for the main image.

Tank will be able to give a view on whether it is possible.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Pengi

One of the conditions for listing an item for sale or swap, is that at least one image must be uploaded to N'porium so that is becomes the 'primary image'.  This means it displays in the space between the title and the price. If there is no 'primary image' then the N'porium picture appears.

At the moment, I believe the only way to do it is to upload it from a computer/mobile device. It would seem reasonable to be able to use an image already uploaded into the gallery, but this might require a modification to be made to the software. Tank will be able to advise.

As long as there is one 'primary image' then it is acceptable to paste the Media code of other pictures into the text box as Only Me has suggested :thumbsup:

Hope this helps :D
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

REGP

Jane and Paul

Many thanks re photos have now got my head round what I have to do.

Regards

Ray

Tank

The N'porium and Media gallery are two separate pieces of software.  You will need to upload one photo from your PC onto the listing, but after that you can then use the code for extra pictures that you may have uploaded to the Media gallery.  Hope that helps.

Papyrus

Hello folks,

Same title, different problem!

I'm trying to edit a listing, ie delete a sentence. I can do it OK, but when I hit the 'Edit Listing' button it tells me there is a required field not completed... but no way of completing it.

Is there an issue with this, or am I just a bit dim?

regards,

Chris

scotsoft

Have you a link to the problem Chris?

cheers John.

Papyrus

scotsoft

Hi Chris,

Try clicking on "edit files and pictures" instead, if that does not work let me know what you want changed and I will have a try.

cheers John.

Papyrus

Hello John,

I've just tried that and it only gives me the option to edit the image, not the text.

All I want to do is to remove the last sentence about viewing my other listings. I have sold these and this is the only one left.

Cheers,

Chris

scotsoft

Hi Chris,

I am not having much joy either, when I click on edit listing after I have deleted the last part of the sentence, I am being told I have missed out a category, yet there is no category indicated.

I shall report it to the techys for them to have a look at.

cheers John.

Caz

I had a try as well with the same result, looks like Tank will have to sort this one out.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35%