It's starting to get expensive....again!

Started by Newportnobby, September 22, 2018, 02:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Short term

Union Mills City of Truro
Rake of 5 Farish Hawksworth maroon coaches

Medium term

Gaugemaster/Dapol class 73
Farish Birdcage triple pack (just need to avoid paying so much for them somehow)
Farish 'C' class 0-6-0 tender loco
Union Mills G2 0-6-0 tender loco

Long term
Revolution Sturgeons (a couple of)
Revolution Cemflos (a couple of triple packs if available)
Revolution class 124 (one, maybe 2)
Farish 8F

To say nothing of the new washing machine I've just had to buy as the old one went tipear shaped and the verdammt TV licence

Please send Red Cross parcels
:helpneededsign:

Dorsetmike

Happy to say none of the above will tempt me, washing machine is only 3 yeqrs old and has 10 year gaurantee, I don't own a TV, but even if I did I don't need a licence at my age, however my microwave looks like it's coming to the end of its life after about 15 years.

Don't need red cross parcels, but wouldn't mind a nubile young wench.

If anybodyis interested I do have a 1966 Ford Anglia estate to sell which my tall but aged body no longer finds it comfortable to bend into.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Hailstone

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 22, 2018, 02:33:38 PM
Short term

Medium term

Farish Birdcage triple pack (just need to avoid paying so much for them somehow)

Long term
Farish 8F

To say nothing of the new washing machine I've just had to buy as the old one went tipear shaped and the verdammt TV licence

My list is similar, but no cemflos and a class 128 parcels car and only 1 each of the maroon Hawksworths. I am glad that they will not arrive at the same time as my wallet is in intensive care due to the shocks that it got so far this year  :laugh3:

Regards,

Alex

Papyrus

Quote from: Dorsetmike on September 22, 2018, 03:29:08 PM
however my microwave looks like it's coming to the end of its life after about 15 years.

If you can get it repaired, do so. A technician recently told me the older models were built to last and can usually be repaired (mine was). A new replacement is not designed to be repaired and it certainly won't last 15 years.

Sorry!  :offtopicsign:

Cheers,

Chris

Intercity

My wallet is still recovering and bracing for the balances that are due.

Revolution IZAs
Revolution 321s
Revolution 92s
Revolution Pendolino reruns
Dapol GNER HST and additional coaches
Dapol Mk3 sleepers
Farish 319 if it ever gets off the ground
Dapol 86 reruns

Just to name a few, I know there are more.

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 22, 2018, 02:33:38 PM
Short term

Medium term

Long term
Farish 8F

not sure it's a good idea, next you'll be using the cans to make air ducts, and digging a tunnel to escape from Stalag N nobby :smiley-laughing:

Jerry Howlett

I was relatively safe until those B... :censored: from Revolution trains put the idea of a Motor Parcels Van in my head.  Oh and Farish,  Damn you and your Maroon Hawksworths..

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Railwaygun

Quote from: Papyrus on September 22, 2018, 05:29:15 PM
Quote from: Dorsetmike on September 22, 2018, 03:29:08 PM
however my microwave looks like it's coming to the end of its life after about 15 years.

If you can get it repaired, do so. A technician recently told me the older models were built to last and can usually be repaired (mine was). A new replacement is not designed to be repaired and it certainly won't last 15 years.

Sorry!  :offtopicsign:

Cheers,

Chris

The new Amazon microwave has Alexa and will talk back to you!
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Bob Tidbury

Dorset Mike a nubile young wench would probably kill you ,but at least you would die happy .
Bob Tidbury

njee20

Only £60 too, a veritable bargain...

I'm similar to Intercity; just paid for my 10 pairs or IZAs, six 92s to pay for, clearly need another Pendolino, KFAs coming, then there's the re-runs of the TEAs; another 15 needed there, plus 4 sets of the 4-car IPAs. Don't think there's anything from Farish or Dapol I'm particularly excited about, but Ben and Mike are absolutely nailing it for me at the moment, a really exciting time to be a modeller!

Shropshire Lad

VEA  vans, at least one Class 128 and a decent rake of Cemflo wagons will be taking my money next year.
Can't wait!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Shropshire Lad on September 22, 2018, 09:06:01 PM
VEA  vans, at least one Class 128 and a decent rake of Cemflo wagons will be taking my money next year.
Can't wait!

At the risk of upsetting anyone, I'm banking on the the 128 and Cemflos maybe being 2020 (with hindsight :-X).
By the way, should you be kind enough to send Red Cross parcel please don't use Yodel as I'm too old to be getting up on the roof to fetch them :-[
@class37025
digging is beyond me so C4 will be used. Boom, and the dirt is gone!

Shropshire Lad

Thinking about it the 128 probably is a couple of years away. I'm hoping the  Cemflos get the shrink ray treatment a bit quicker but I guess it depends on the numbers ordered.
I'd really like some Air Con MK2s but I'm not holding my breath!

Dorsetmike

not sure it's a good idea, next you'll be using the cans to make air ducts, and digging a tunnel to escape from Stalag N nobby :smiley-laughing:

Escape tunnels can be dangerous

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations