"Forbidden" message when viewing topics

Started by DELETED, November 09, 2016, 09:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve.T

I don't think it has, sorry to say.
Up until today never had the message and had been on the forum on and off all morning but then wanted to post a reply and got the message.
I couldn't look at anything on the forum without getting this message.
I had been logged on and posting without issue before the problem .

Only way I could get back on was to completely shut my laptop down and restart.

Steve
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Steve

daffy

Testing testing testing......

If this reply goes through okay, my iPad is fine, as it has been for the last few days.

If it doesn't, you're not reading this. ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Stuart7358

Hi

I still seem to be getting the forbidden message too, I had it once yesterday early and once this morning too. I thought I was going to just get it again as it flashed up but it vanished. I seem to have to exit and reload the site to get rid of it.

Stuart

dodger

I had it yesterday morning and couldn't log back in. Even rebooting the computer didn't solve the problem.

Suddenly in the afternoon everything was OK.

Dodger

Steve.T

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Steve

André-NL

When I use Google Chrome (on PC with Windows 7 and on an Android Tablet) I also get the "forbidden" message.
Strange thing is when using the Windows Internet Explorer I have no problems at all, just have to remember to use it instead of Google Chrome.

André

DELETED

Had it maybe 20 times this lunch time -could not look at any forum posts at all.  Also when the forum loads it brings up the "short" list of few posts -I usually explore them then go to the "forum" tag and scroll to the bottom for the bigger new post list (the "forum" tag and strangely some of the mailbox tags when logged in are usually always missing which I think is due to ABP but I know where the buttons are now!) and it wouldn't let me load the forum proper either.  To be fair it may be a Firefox issue.  I've been having problems accessing via my tablet but that's affecting BBC news and RMWEB also -you just can't click on any links (andriod but some unrememberable system like lollipop stick or something like that).  RMWEB went through a "forbidden" page via windows but only maybe lasted 48hrs on PC about 10 days ago.  Everything PC-wise seems to be going through massive updates again at the moment though.  Andriod I cannot figure out at all after years of perseverance so it just does what it does.

By the way, I have 2 emails from NGF for this -one saying "thread deleted," then another saying "thread moved" -but everything seems the same?  I got no PM's??

Rich

Sprintex

Quote from: RST on November 15, 2016, 09:42:11 PM
By the way, I have 2 emails from NGF for this -one saying "thread deleted," then another saying "thread moved" -but everything seems the same?  I got no PM's??

The thread got accidentally deleted then reinstated :thumbsup:

Paul

Tank

:D

I'm finishing a full back up of the forum as we speak.  I had to download 24GB overnight. :o

Only Me is kindly giving up his time to upgrade the forum and sort this problem out.  I'm sure there'll be lots of headbanging...   :headbutt:    ;D

Sprintex

Bealman

Probably  :headbutt: rather than  :headbang:  when all we want is  :music::

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Whatever the issue causing the glitches @Only Me, I wish you good luck with the update, and thanks for the effort and time it is costing you. :thumbsup:

I just hope that as you press the 'Update' button you don't get

Forbidden: You do not have permission to access Update on this server"

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

DELETED

Quote from: Only Me on November 16, 2016, 09:15:51 AM
We all know it will bomb :D, nothing as straight forward as going up in code by three complete SMF versions in one go   :o

During the upgrade the forum will be in maintenance mode.. You have been warned  :P

PS a google of 403 Forbidden error message would seem to show that it's not just this forum having issues, It's appearing all over the web, so based on this I would think something in a pushed browser update to do with security.

Hi, yes -on other sites I was getting a 403 as part of the message but didn't realise the 403 was stated in a little tab at the top on NGF pages instead :doh:

I hope your updating day went better then mine!  I see normality again reading things this evening :) so sounds like it did!

Rich

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations