what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Pete @ EGLM on January 08, 2012, 12:21:59 AM

I was at that gig- drank too much Watneys Red Barrel and wasn't very well!

Watneys Red Barrel - that REALLY takes me back :smiley-laughing: That and Watneys Starlight (gnat's piddle) - OMG :smiley-laughing:

Sprintex

Currently listening to the cat trying to hack up a furball  :-\

Paul

Tank

Quote from: Sprintex on January 08, 2012, 12:03:19 PM
Currently listening to the cat trying to hack up a furball  :-\

Paul

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:  Yes, we frequently hear that as well!!!

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: newportnobby on January 08, 2012, 12:00:16 PM

Watneys Red Barrel - that REALLY takes me back :smiley-laughing: That and Watneys Starlight (gnat's piddle) - OMG :smiley-laughing:

What about the "Party Seven" ?.  Thankfully along came CAMRA the downfall of many as it was so easy to drink the non gassy stuff.. :beers:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Donkey

Just had some Simon and Garfunkel playing now it's Simple Minds - Once upon a Time  :music: wicked!  ;D

Newportnobby

Focus - Moving Waves then Camille Saint-Saens - Organ Symphony and Danse Macabre.

4x2

Moondance - Quality 1990's rave compilation !  :music: :music: :music:

Soon to be followed by Helter Skelter - Dj Vibes, Force & styles and Billy Bunter... Ah, those were the days...! ;D
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

MinZaPint

What about the "Party Seven" ?.  Thankfully along came CAMRA the downfall of many as it was so easy to drink the non gassy stuff.. :beers:

"Party Sevens", back in the early 60's used to go to Rolling Stones (before they were famous) parties, they used to rent a bungalow in Epsom and there idea of gardening was to cover the lawn with those red tins and Vodka bottles! several of my friends were musically inclined and there used to be some wonderful jam sesseions! Happy days. :beers:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

MinZaPint

Quote from: newportnobby on January 08, 2012, 07:49:28 PM
Focus - Moving Waves then Camille Saint-Saens - Organ Symphony and Danse Macabre.

Saint-Saens, for relaxing eyes half open and a glass of your favourit, heaven!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

longbridge

Quote from: MinZaPint on January 08, 2012, 08:26:24 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on January 08, 2012, 07:49:28 PM

Saint-Saens, for relaxing eyes half open and a glass of your favourit, heaven!

Nice to see we have some classy music lovers on the forum, just before I checked the forum I was listening to  Saint-Saens  the "The Swan" from "Carnival of Animals",  I want this piece played at my funeral which I hope is a bloody long way off yet. :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: MinZaPint on January 08, 2012, 08:23:17 PM

"Party Sevens", back in the early 60's used to go to Rolling Stones (before they were famous) parties, they used to rent a bungalow in Epsom and there idea of gardening was to cover the lawn with those red tins and Vodka bottles! several of my friends were musically inclined and there used to be some wonderful jam sesseions! Happy days. :beers:

Remember the adverts at the cinema done by John Cleese???? :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

davieb

hi all  :wave:

at the moment i'm listening to a guy called Dean Torkington he is a friend of mine who is a meatloaf tribute act

a while back he did his own album in the Steinman/Meatloaf style and was rated highly in the music press

link below to the title track of the album

The Bat Strikes Back, ORIGINAL ALBUM! Europes NO1 Meat Loaf Impersonator Dean Torkington.

so if anyone is into Meatloaf you may want to chack it out

dave  :thumbsup:

OwL

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

keerout

Yellow brick road; E.J. always good while you're pottering around...   8)

Newportnobby

Quote from: keerout on January 12, 2012, 04:09:43 PM
Yellow brick road; E.J. always good while you're pottering around...   8)

Sorry but I just can't potter to 'Love lies bleeding/Funeral for a friend' - the air guitar gets in the way of my pottering ;D :music: :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations