what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Dave, I used to play with one of these on a day to day basis and even got paid for it.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4W8li1H9-VNhOlxnjjgjMbimd5BuYxWgbyfzsMT3hha8BRvBS

Would mix down and play thro a Quad 405 and 303 combo driving Tannoy Studio monitors.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

longbridge

Nice gear Mike, I used to manage a HiFi shop in the early to mid 1970s and had access to lots of great gear, I never took holidays or commission instead spent my money on gear, so much I wont bother listing it but I finished up with a system worth $14,000au, one day I looked out of the window and saw the old Wolsely 15/60 I was driving and sold the lot for a newer car.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

longbridge

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

EtchedPixels

Was watching the Very Peculiar Practice VD episode a couple of days ago - still stands up wonderfully after all these years. Sadly however the kind of clueless 'management degree' university management that it was sending up as newfangled at the time has become the norm.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Newportnobby

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 28, 2013, 01:40:00 PM
Was watching the Very Peculiar Practice VD episode a couple of days ago - still stands up wonderfully after all these years. Sadly however the kind of clueless 'management degree' university management that it was sending up as newfangled at the time has become the norm.

Alan

Wonderful series with some great acting, and was I the only one who fell in love with Barbara Flynn :-[

justintime

My Latest Purchase - Two SD70's & 24 Trucks :-)

longbridge

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

OwL

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Kipper

Having watched Antiques Roadshow on Sunday, I dug out my Hendrix Axis Bold as Love LP, as they valued one at £500! Had to play it one more time, before putting up for sale - and now don't want to sell it, as having recorded it to itunes, I still love the cover, and the better sound of pure vinyl!

longbridge

Crikey Mike I wouldn't have thought Men at Work and Ivor Davies Icehouse would have made it as far away as Britain, great choice.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

petercharlesfagg

One of my favourites for that nostalgic feeling.

The gaps in the rails speak their own music!

In the train

Happy listening!

Regards Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

dodger112958

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations