Bachmann Announcements 2017 models

Started by crepello, December 02, 2016, 10:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talisman56

Following earlier posts, these are not Mk2A coaches but the first 1964 batch Mk2 (no suffix) coaches that were delivered in the Green and Maroon liveries. From the image on the Farish webside it looks like the OO versions are being shrink-rayed...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: austinbob on January 08, 2017, 04:45:03 PM
Quote from: bridgiesimon on January 08, 2017, 04:33:48 PM
Thompson coaches estimate to be £38 each!!!!!

bloomin ell!!!

Simon
Really! Where does that price come from?
Gonna need a mortgage to buy this stuff soon.
:(

Could it be because "Company X" says "Let's change £38 per coach" and we all say "That's a lot of money" but pay it anyway?
Just asking.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

D1042 Western Princess

Since this thread has virtually turned into a 'wish list' can I ask why we are still waiting for some RTR D600s?
After all, many of the other diesel prototypes are available now.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

trkilliman

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on January 09, 2017, 01:03:28 PM
Quote from: austinbob on January 08, 2017, 04:45:03 PM
Quote from: bridgiesimon on January 08, 2017, 04:33:48 PM
Thompson coaches estimate to be £38 each!!!!!

bloomin ell!!!

Simon
Really! Where does that price come from?
Gonna need a mortgage to buy this stuff soon.

I must say I was taken aback when I saw the estimated price of £38.  For me every time they have a round often heavy price increases, and a newly announced model with a provisional price that raises the eyebrows, I become  further distanced from buying. Are they pushing prices to the point where they may ease off if and when sales start to decline? Do they think or know that enough modellers will some way still buy enough of their products?   Will we have the £50 rrp on a coach 2-3 years down the line ?
:(

Could it be because "Company X" says "Let's change £38 per coach" and we all say "That's a lot of money" but pay it anyway?
Just asking.

Newportnobby

Quote from: paulprice on January 08, 2017, 08:09:51 PM
Great news about the 8F, the big question is when will they actually appear, how much will they be and more importantly how many can I justify?

Don't know where, don't know when, but I know we'll meet again the box shifters are quoting £129, I believe (add a £100 or so for sound). Dependent on the 'when' this may be subject to one or more price increases. Does anyone know how many years we have left of the Chinese government decree that wages must rise by 20% for 5 years?

alibuchan

It's about half way through.

Alustair

Some good stuff here for me. I will go for the Railfreight Distribution 37/0 & 47, Mainline 47, weathered blue/grey MK1 SKs and BSK with ScotRail branding, InterCity MK1 RMB and the SR 50ft Bogie B Luggage Van in Departmental livery.

I may also pick up the Hebridean MK2s if any retailer decides to split the sets.

I will resist the refurbished 31s this time around, but may pick one up a bit later.

I think it was a good call producing the Network Rail yellow 31 and another 37, as the crazy prices the last 37 was going for on eBay must have been a source of frustration for those who missed it last time around.

Muppetman

47550 my all time favourite 47, is great for me, l still think  farish are holding back on livery types on the 47 body types available, time for more trainload  sectors, RES and inter city should be appearing by now......

bluedepot

Yeah i would buy RES and Intercity Swallow Class 47s...

I may buy the Railfreight Distribution one though as well...

Tim

Timbo 57

😊 definitely getting the c class and the T

johnlambert

I'm quite pleased with the announcements.

A Stanier 8F might be nice although not a high priority, not that I'll have to decide for a while.

Thompson coaches - I'd be more likely to buy if there was a BR maroon option (still waiting for maroon Hawksworths too, maybe next year).

Very tempted by the 370-375 Avro Vulcan Collectors Pack and the North Eastern Freight train set.

These have been on my personal wishlist for some time:
371-038 Class 20 No. D8158 in BR Green livery with Headcode Box and small yellow warning panel
374-889 50ft Ex-LMS Parcel Van in BR Maroon livery
374-890 50ft Ex-LMS Parcels Van in BR Blue livery (Weathered)
374-111 BR Mk1 RMB Mini Buffet Car in Intercity livery

The WCRC coaches sound tempting too, for modern-day rail excursions.  I didn't even realise I wanted them until I saw them listed.  But I'll need a suitable brake coach...

acko22

Don't quote me but I am sure WCRC use some MK2 BSO as brake coach and support coach for some of their excursions just get a normal one and paint it up
(I say that like its simple, when I am horrific myself!)
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

paulprice

Whats in the North Eastern Freight pack, not that I'm turning my back on the LMS

Bob G

Quote from: paulprice on January 10, 2017, 04:33:52 PM
Whats in the North Eastern Freight pack, not that I'm turning my back on the LMS
Looks like a nicely weathered B1 and three tank wagons plus brake van.

HTH
Bob

Snowwolflair

Should there not be a buffer wagon between the loco and the tankers.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations