On your favorite station

Started by BROADTRAIN1979, April 04, 2011, 12:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BROADTRAIN1979

Ellooooo...now tis time to ask ya all ...when standing on ya favorite station what do you look at most .. the buildings the track the train in the distance the person moaning the couple kissin in the shelter :-* :-* the train  :Class414: .....now.. years ago mind im talking 70s ..at canonbury i used to always stare at the track  :oand that 3rd rail .ooooh just ...ooo does it for me and also the old roadbridge ooo oooo ooooo... stop it! stop it! and the 501 coasting in....ooooohooooooo what is yours me lovely dears ;)

tadpole

As an "all round" rail enthusiast, on arriving at any station, UK or overseas, I look at all aspects.

Layout - where are the tracks, what were they laid for, how are they used now?
track hardware - bullhead v flat-bottom, shininess, points, sleepers, ballasting, third rail/catenary, track circuits
signalling - colour lights, semaphores, repeaters, ground signals, radio, right-away indicators, approach control, driver behaviour
station - platforms, low/high/stepped, announcements, signs/posters/timetables, facilities, architecture, staffing, location/hinterland
trains - types, liveries, sounds, capacity/occupancy, punctuality, (but not numbers)
modelling inspiration - anything unique, or indeed bog standard, that I'd want in my attic
and after all that hard work, I'll probably need a  :beers: so where's the nearest facility
Two rails good. Three better.

Lawrence

I look at the monitor to see if the ruddy train is on time  :evil:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations