Peter Charles Fagg

Started by Malc, October 07, 2016, 02:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yet_Another

I saw the title and thought "Oh no."

Very sad news.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

GroupC

What sad news to log on to this evening. All I can do is echo all the above posts and add some of Peter's own words of wisdom which appeared under his posts...

"Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!"

Wise words indeed, Peter. My condolences to his family and friends.

Steve.T

As so many have already said, such a sad day.
Never met Peter, but participated in many of his threads and indeed he was a very polite and caring person indeed going by the various posts.

I was even more taken aback by his attitude when he became ill and was astounded how down to earth he was about it and never asked for sympathy. Despite such a crippling illness he still managed to drop a line on the forum from time to time.

I though he was, and still is, a real inspiration. Rest in Peace Peter  :thumbsup:

Steve

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Steve

jonclox

Ive thought long and hard this afternoon about what I would like to add to this thread as like all here I found Peter a gentleman and a pleasure to read via his posts.
Now having read through to already  written thread I can only echo  the thoughts and prayers of those who posted before me.
R I P Peter may you. your family and friends now find the rest and peace that's so long eluded you of late 
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Agrippa

That is very sad news, PCF was a gentleman of  the first order,
his posts when was building his layout were terrific and
entertaining.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

REGP

Although we knew it was inevitable from Peters own posts, it still a bit of a shock when you get the sad news.

Unfortunately I never got to meet Peter, but enjoyed reading his posts and like many others will miss his comments & exchanges.

Malc please pass on my condolences to Peters family and friends.

Ray

Roy L S

I never met Peter but like others enjoyed reading his posts. I can only agree with all that others have said about him - a true gentleman.

I was especially moved by the calm dignity with which Peter conducted himself after finding out he was so ill.

I too would wish to express my heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Roy

Mr Sprue

Gutted! I never met Peter but got to know him on the forum via post's and the odd pm. it is a very sad loss to someone I can only describe as a true English Gentleman.

I sincerely hope there is a massive ready made layout in heaven for Peter, that has no glitches or problems that he will enjoy running for eternity.

God Bless.

Sprintex

I'm one of the privileged that got to meet Peter at TINGS, and it was indeed a privilege. He was as jovial, kind-hearted and naturally funny in reality as he was on the forum. Had me in stitches relating his antics with the railway :D

RIP mate.

Paul

painbrook

Quote from: daveg on October 07, 2016, 04:55:50 PM
Quote from: painbrook on October 07, 2016, 04:39:25 PM
Amen to all the above. By the bye, what are the first three of  'PCF NGF' . john.

Peter Charles Fagg, John.  ;)

Dave G
sorry, rather slow today.john :doh:

tutenkhamunsleeping

Sad news indeed, RIP Peter.

Griffo

Such very sad news.

Met Peter at TINGS in 2014 and had a couple of conversations with him since. A real Gentleman in the true sense of the word. My condolences to Susan. We've lost a NGF member who lit up my life with his wit and insight.

RIP Peter.

Pengi

Very sad news  - always enjoyed his posts
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Plainline.

I too never met Peter but enjoyed reading his posts. A true gentleman. My sincere condolences to all his family and friends.

Bealman

Living where I do, I never met Peter. However we had quite frequent pm's and, like others,  I know that if ever we had met up in person, I would have gotten on with him like a house on fire.

I lost a very good friend locally this week, and now I feel like I've lost yet another.

Very sad news indeed.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations