JBs Model World - a recommendation/appreciation

Started by dannyboy, June 17, 2018, 04:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

As many of you are aware, Jon at JBs sells the blue plastic boxes for, amongst other things, storage of rolling stock. I use them for bits of modelling stuff, e.g. left over Metcalfe kits, roofing sheets. About a week ago, I ordered two of the stacking frames for the boxes that he sells, via ebay. I opted for the 'Click and Collect' method from Argos in Enniskillen. After placing the order, I noticed that the delivery date would be tomorrow, (18th). As I normally only go to Enniskillen every second Saturday, I sent an email to Jon asking if he could send them to ensure they arrived by yesterday. I offered to pay for expedited postage. Jon replied that there would be no problem and did not ask for any extra money. The stacking frames arrived in plenty of time and very pleased I am with them.
More details of the frames at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30447.0 (Reply #8)
Jons ebay shop is https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/jbsmodelworld
Needless to say, apart from being a very satisfied customer, I have no connection with JBs Model World, apart from meeting him at TINGS last year!   :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

been using his trays, and blue boxes, for many years, always superb service, and a real gentleman to deal with.

not sure if he is the guy who used to do the british army models in 1/76, sold out to airfix who no longer list them, but if it is he was very helpfull when a couple of friends and I wanted to just buy the mouldings, in bulk, without the packaging and transfers.

Phoenix

I telephoned Jon a while ago and found him to be really helpful over the phone, excellent service, and the boxes / inserts are so versatile for storage whether locos, coaches, or wagons.

I have some for my slowly growing collection of stock for when I get started on a bigger layout (one day  ::) )

One holds 2 locos, a coach, 9 wagons, controller, and power supply / battery charger... in fact everything I need for my "Windmill Hill" layout  :D

A huge  :thumbsup: from a very satisfied customer  :D

All best wishes
Kevin

:beers:

austinbob

Bought loads of stuff from JB mostly from exhibitions. Always helpful and friendly. Luv the big suitcase storage boxes. Don't seem to be advertised on his eBay site, but always available at the shows. Highly recommended.
:D
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Portpatrick

I agree.  He is a pleasure to deal with and great for a chat.  I have a number of his stock boxes.  The carrying cases in both the earlier and now no longer economic 3 tier form as well as the current 2 tier.  Not necessarily for permanent storage but often used to carry a selection to a show for either my own or the club layout.  A couple of OO boxes for the small collection I jeep by for grandchild use.  A few of the A4 size blue boxes - great for taking a few item to the club for testing on the larger club layout, and for general overspill.  And the A4 box set up as a servicing box - space for tools a couple of small boxes for spares and bits and a built in cradle - brilliant to take to shows if a quick running repair is possible.  I have made use of his other odd bits and pieces as well.

He will be at the Beaconsfield show on 7 July

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations