Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Piewalker

Quote from: portland-docks on April 20, 2014, 10:02:57 AM
went to york yesterday, came out with an american 4-6-6-4 challenger, dcc sound fitted. normally seen going for £300+ on ebay, picked it up for £200 from plus daughters.

got home and started thinking...is it too big for uk layouts? was thinking of using it as a visiting loco on moorside :P

what do we think?

Well obviously they'll have shipped it across to help in the run up to D-Day  :idea:

portland-docks

No one liked the s160s so we asked for something bigger :p
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

gc4946

At last at the York show today ...

I found a pair of Poole Farish InterCity swallow liveried HST power cars, albeit both motored and priced separately, as I didn't want to pay for a complete rake or pay top dollar for a similar HST pack on a well-known auction site.

The previous owner attempted a cut-away buffers conversion on one of the power cars which came off when being inspected at one of the traders.

I'm glad I bought both, as true to Poole manufacture, one of them ran much better than the other even after cleaning and fitting new brushes and springs. The worse performer was made a dummy and has yielded useful spares for maintaining my other Poole-made locos.

I've worked out a much better way to refix the buffer beam on the power car which will be done in due course and will source spare inner couplings from BR Lines.

These acquisitions mean I can faithfully recreate some of the mini Virgin Cross Country HST formations as in this thread:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19944.0

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Oldun

Just picked up another 2-6-4 loco.
[smg id=11822]

That's two I've got now, and both with different numbers  :claphappy:

80064 and 80032.

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Bealman

I'm assuming that's a Poole model, Roger? I have one - it was one of the better 'old Farish' models.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

johnlambert

Latest arrival is my second logo in GWR colours, one of Dapol's old Prarie tank engines.  Here it is testing some recently replaced track on my layout, it was one of the locos that highlighted the imperfections in that corner of the layout.

jivebunny

Happy chappy here, thanks to Only Me for the heads-up regarding these rare items ;)

JB

Sipat

Quote from: jivebunny on April 22, 2014, 11:22:11 AM
Happy chappy here, thanks to Only Me for the heads-up regarding these rare items ;)

JB

Dammit dammit dammit!  Want!

Well done on the find though!

johnlambert

I fancy some of those Regional Railways units.  Maybe I should move fast next time I see some...

jivebunny

I think that's the only tactic with the Regional Railways 153s, it's third time lucky in my case (and it almost wasn't: the parcel spent a whole week sitting at Charles de Gaulle Airport!)

My first attempt at acquiring one was in a shop, where I spotted a motorised unit but decided to think it over (I already had £250-worth of stock in my hands...). It was gone the next day.

On my second attempt I uncovered what I thought was the last remaining unit to be had online, and was over the moon until I learnt that the supplier's stock count wasn't up to date and that my order couldn't be fulfilled...

And my final, successful, attempt was thanks to a timely heads-up pointing me towards Morris Models, who had one remaining motorised unit in stock (and it looks like there's still at least one dummy unit to be had).

It's now late April and my first go at buying one was back in December!

JB

johnlambert

I'm going to keep quiet about where I think I've seen one of each motorised and dummy 153 then ;)

DJM Dave

If Kernow are out of stock I might be able to help ;-)
Cheers
Dave
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

jivebunny

And all of a sudden RR 153s are as common as muck  :smiley-laughing:

johnlambert

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Only Me on April 22, 2014, 04:26:19 PM
If anyone fancies pointing me in the St ives Bay belle direction it would be cool!!

Make me an offer 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations