Started by petercharlesfagg, July 20, 2014, 05:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pete284

Try% (yourusername) \Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
Pete Jones
"I would never join a club that would allow me as a member." - Groucho Marx

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: Malc on July 21, 2014, 02:22:03 PM
Doesn't Chrome send your browsing preferences to Google?  Several bits of software I use try to install it whenever they require an update.

Is there any way of stopping this happening?  Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: DCCDave on July 20, 2014, 07:50:40 PM
Not sure of the merit off adding more software to a system which iss running slow. All of these tools, in my opinion, do questionable things - and before anyone bites my head off and says they have been using them for years - I know precisely what each does. None of them is likely to fix a chrome issue.

When you uninsulated chrome Peter did you get it to install all related (personal) data too? If not then plugins etc are left in place and your un-install re-install achieved nothing.
Do you get slow running from other applications. Please try using IE to visit the sites you are getting poor performance on with Chrome. If IE exhibits no problems then its almost certainly a Chrome problem. Report back once you know.

Cheers
Dave

David, I think you meant to write uninstalled Chrome?  Nevertheless I have no idea what I asked the uninstall to do!  All the gubbins that is related to Chrome, I have to assume is or was* still there!

(* I have since run the adware cleaner suggested in another post which showed loads of stuff full of (!"£$%^&*()+) things that according to the programme have been "fixed"!

Time alone will tell!!!  Regards, Peter.

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: oscar on July 20, 2014, 06:43:49 PM
Download and run this:-

https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

Thankyou I have downloaded and run this application, it has "Fixed" a whole load of stuff which I assume was related to Chrome, the browser is running again, some things have changed but too numerous to describe!

The scrolling has not improved but I can and will live with it!!!

Warmest regards, Peter.

DCCDave

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on July 22, 2014, 09:44:46 AM
David, I think you meant to write uninstalled Chrome? 

I did Peter - not sure how to 'uninsulate' software  :-[

Cheers
Dave

petercharlesfagg

Friends!

Good news and bad news!

My browser is as rapid as it used to be in opening web pages but I have lost the function of the Right hand scroll bar!

Never mind it could be worse!

Thankyou for all your suggestions, commiserations and advice!

Warmest regards, Peter.

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: Only Me on July 22, 2014, 10:50:36 AM
Peter, press and hold the left bottom key labelled "Ctrl", whilst holding this press the "0" key, it will reset your Browser viewing screen size to defaults.

If this fails, hold "Alt" and press "V" this should make a top menu appear, thus allow you to adjust which tool bars and sliders you have

Paul.

Paul,

Pressing Ctrl + O opened my folders.  Alt + V did nothing at all!  Peter.

Instead I have opened "Settings" and reset defaults, made no difference!

scotsoft

In the good old days a zero appeared like this: Ø

Which took all the guess work out of it  ;)

cheers John.

Bealman

Ah yes... the good old days... reminds me of when I used to write programs in BASIC. John you're making me  :'(  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

scotsoft

10 RUN
20 CRY
30 GOTO 20

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:
If I recall, RUN did not require a line number. It was a direct command, like LIST.

How about:

10CLS
20FOR T=1TO100
30PRINT"I must not be naughty in class."
40NEXT T

A few smart kids I used to teach back in those days would get out of doin' lines with that one!!!

The really clever ones would put a ; after the print statement which would make it hard to count them.... see if it actually was one hundred lines.  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

petercharlesfagg

Friends,

The issue with Chrome has been resolved!

We are 8 miles from our nearest broadband exchange, which should explain to most why there are problems intermittently!

In the past few weeks broadband speed has been reduced to less than half of it's normal speed, hence the problems with ANY browser!

My thanks for all the suggestions and assistance!

Peter.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations