rare models

Started by matt-b, January 07, 2011, 07:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

point blank

I have a few rare Farish items that you don't see that often including the Strath-Clyde liveried 101, the porterbrook deltic, London Transport Pannier tank, crimson Crab, Waterman Class 47 and various others that escape me at the moment.
I went through a phase where I was buying most of the new Poole built stuff as it came out and it is all currently stored away for that layout that never seems to get built ::)

Tank

Quote from: point blank on January 27, 2011, 10:55:40 AM
...and it is all currently stored away for that layout that never seems to get built ::)

I know what you mean!  I've been waiting 2 years, but you must have been waiting longer if your models are mainly from Poole!  ;D

Chris

Quote from: matt-b on January 09, 2011, 10:24:32 PM
cjm class 92 looks nice...not seen many about

:NGaugeForum:

At their prices I'm not suprised!  :o

cloughie

Quote from: BROADTRAIN1979 on January 09, 2011, 09:41:40 PM
My wife says im a rare model hmmm  ;) ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
well I`m glad about that I cannot bear the thought of there being two of you mate :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
am I there yet

porkie

Quote from: Chris on January 27, 2011, 08:40:04 PM
Quote from: matt-b on January 09, 2011, 10:24:32 PM
cjm class 92 looks nice...not seen many about

At their prices I'm not suprised!  :o

I have  a CJM class 92,89,59 and Le shuttle set,
I cant fault CJM's reliabilaty they have to be one of the best out their :thumbsup:
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

matt-b

how much did the 92 cost you...if you dont mind me asking?

Tank

Quote from: porkie on January 27, 2011, 09:47:05 PM
I have  a CJM class 92,89,59 and Le shuttle set,
I cant fault CJM's reliabilaty they have to be one of the best out their :thumbsup:

I would love to see pictures of these Porkie.  Mainly the 59.  Which livery have you chosen for it?

porkie

Quote from: matt-b on January 27, 2011, 10:17:28 PM
how much did the 92 cost you...if you dont mind me asking?

Thats ok Matt,
The wife doesnt visit this site :smiley-laughing:
I brought her 4 yrs ago, I think it was £375 which included buffer beam detail too on number 1 end.

Tank,
I will have to take some pics for you :thumbsup:

My 59 is 59103 village of mells wearing the Hanson livery 8)

Tank

Looking forward to them.  I have a 59 as well (kit built, not CJM quality).  It's in Revised Yeoman livery - although it quite poorly done by whoever did it.  I'd like to get it resprayed to Original Yeoman or maybe Original ARC livery.

porkie

Ok tank, 
Here's a pic of my Class 92 and 59 on my old layout..

Dock Shunter

CJM.....Expensive....but beautiful models :thumbsup:
Love the Hanson Livery :thumbsup:

Tank

You can really tell right away that they must be CJM.  Superb detailing, and crisp looking paintwork.  I totally agree that the Hanson livery looks good on the Super Shed. :thumbsup:

REFaust

Wow, they realy are lovely models...wish I could justify the expense of something bespoke like those..  :NGAUGE:

R E Faust

D306Whistler

The MicroAce Nankai Series 50000 Rapi:t EMU is quite hard to come by, but fortunately. A lovely family member (bless their soul) managed to source one for me as a gift that I had on New Years Day. The one in the wooden box set is even harder to find as both were released in 2004. I also have the British Steel Class 60 from Farish that I got in 2009 :). So I guess I have a few unusual models in my fleet, but hence that I am a modeller and not a collector. I run all my trains on the layout rather than them sitting in boxes collecting dust ;). But due to limited capacity on the layout, I rotate the stock around on my roster from time to time :).
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

Quote from: Dock Shunter on January 29, 2011, 08:00:39 PM
CJM.....Expensive....but beautiful models :thumbsup:
Love the Hanson Livery :thumbsup:

CJM are beautiful models.....I would love a 92 1 day  :( They are currently £450 fully finished in any livery. As i model WCML Staffordshire in the early to mid 90s i cant really have one, as in the mid 90s they were not cleared to work under there own power on west coast metals. You could always see them on the West coast but being dragged in 2's & 3's by a class 47 from Dollands Moor to Crewe Electric for maintenance and also vice versa.....Sorry, am i being to much of a purist??? hehehe I dont actually know when they were cleared to work freight trains on the WC....Im thinking early 2000???

Anthony  :NGF:
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

West Coast Models - www.westcoastmodels.co.uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations