Media Gallery ... off site posting

Started by Anthony Lloyd, December 06, 2012, 06:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Lloyd

Trying to post an image from the Aeva Media Gallery on another forum and the images don't load ... trying to view the images directly (i.e. not on NGF or Media Gallery directly) results in error500

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/MGalleryItem.php?id=2035

This intentional or a fall-over?

Illori

i am asking the host to look into this, should not take too long to get it fixed. it is a result of the forum changing servers and their settings are slightly different between the 2 servers.

Anthony Lloyd

Quote from: Illori on December 06, 2012, 06:40:23 PM
i am asking the host to look into this, should not take too long to get it fixed. it is a result of the forum changing servers and their settings are slightly different between the 2 servers.
Thanks Illori ... having been there and done it on a few sites myself ... the joys of Safe Mode and MagicQuotes and so on!

I also noticed that some of my older images are also no longer showing the graphics even in the media gallery, is this down to the same set of issues?

Illori

they should load now, i am rebuilding the thumbnails etc hoping that may help the issue somewhat.

Illori

Anthony Lloyd

They all appear to work now, thanks Illori :-)

Newportnobby

Media button is showing 4 items to view but when I go into the section it says there is nothing listed :confused1:

Illori

no idea on that, you should be using the unseen link in the media drop down. the server move should not have effected that in anyway.

Caz

Mine says 7 to view but when I go there, there are only 3 to view, looks as though there are 4 invisible men lurking somewhere on the forum.   :D
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

davieb

hi all  :wave:

mine says 1586 unseen but when i go to the unseen section it says there are none  :o

if it helps i'm using Windows 7 , google chrome and AVG free version

dave  :thumbsup:

Illori

i am not sure what would cause that try marking the unseen as seen and see if that helps any.

Caz

I've marked the 3 as seen, done a refresh and now it says I have 3 unseen but, surprise surprise, there's nothing there.   :confused2:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Illori

i am rebuilding the thumbnails and previews again then i will have the system remove some unused files which it says are near 3k files. maybe that will help.

davieb

have tried marking them as read and they still show up

funny thing is that they where not there this morning when i first logged in after the move  :hmmm:

dave  :thumbsup:

Illori

the following items from the gallery have been removed as the source item/image has gone missing:

SouthWst and Pacific N.pdf uploaded by trainsdownunder
Drewry1_thumb.png uploaded by DATAjammer
Drewry_Livery1.png uploaded by DATAjammer
Drewry_Livery1.png uploaded by DATAjammer
Drewry_Livery2.png uploaded by DATAjammer

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82%