what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croxy

Thanks everyone........the general track work will be ok.........it's Fleishmann....most worried about the point motors and points which are all in tubs or rice to hopefully wick most of the moisture away......as scenic work was where things were at, fortunately all of the rolling stock was put away in there boxes inside plastic drawer sets so all locos etc are ok......my Z21 only got some splashing on it so it should be fine........today will be spent going through items in storage in the basement that got wet and photographing damage etc......

not much sleep last night.......thanks again for your kind words and advice.......

I suppose on the bright I can start planning something different.....  :goggleeyes:

:thankyousign:

:rain:
If you like it run it......

LAandNQFan

That is dreadful, Croxy.  It's not just the cost, but all the effort that goes into it.   :(
Perhaps the proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they haven't contacted us.
Layout thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23416

Croxy

Quote from: LAandNQFan on November 07, 2016, 08:00:14 AM
That is dreadful, Croxy.  It's not just the cost, but all the effort that goes into it.   :(

I was thinking exactly that while taking only a few short minutes to pull up all the trackwork and scenery........fortunately none of my locos were damaged, nor my Z71, stored decoders or rolling stock......the track has been saved although it will require a good cleaning......I did loose some Metcalfe models that were on a shelf and the scenic work.......that's the most upsetting as it took many hours......good thing I enjoy doing that!

I'm going to have to call in Network Rail it would seem........... :-[

Well the layout will be moving to a different location in the basement......if I work it out right I should have more room!  :D

I had planned to do some work on the layout on Sunday but not this sort of work!

Thanks again everyone.....you all made me feel a bit better.

:NGaugersRule:

dannyboy

Sorry to hear of the mishap

Quote from: Croxy on November 07, 2016, 02:28:00 PM

...if I work it out right I should have more room!

but every cloud has a silver lining.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Jerry Howlett

Total Sympathy to you Croxy. My basement layout had a small deluge last year but luckily it only wrecked a few card buildings but nevertheless hours of work a sodden mess.
With Saturday nights storms here, the water started coming out of the rock wall!!  But its just flooded the floor so having to run trains wearing my wellies....
Good luck with the rebuild.
Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Croxy

Well......just about to test all of my DCC locos on a test track to make sure they are ok...........so far the Z21 has fired up and connected.....so while it had some water get onto it all appears OK so far........

Croxy

Thankfully all of my Loco's are ok........phew........

:claphappy:

daffy

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

paulprice

What seemed to be an easy task of replacing the missing traction tyres to a couple of my Jubilees, has started to just eat time. I mean why not improve the weathering while I was at it I thought, then maybe make sure they all had a crew, and lamps and then time ran out...  :'( :'(

I think I may have too many Jubes, and the two Royal Scots have increased to 3 thanks to my latest bargain

paulprice

I've also been adding more tarps to my wagon fleet, especially after an exhibition visitor remarked that my tarps looked "stupid" and that there were too many in my freight trains

So I think I better start adding a few more?

paulprice

Quote from: newportnobby on November 10, 2016, 05:01:09 AM
Look forward to seeing these at the Colne show

Do you think I should put some on the Elephants to keep them warm, as its getting colder?

Newportnobby

Quote from: paulprice on November 10, 2016, 10:35:07 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on November 10, 2016, 05:01:09 AM
Look forward to seeing these at the Colne show

Do you think I should put some on the Elephants to keep them warm, as its getting colder?

Definitely. Coming from Africa or India they aren't used to this somewhat chilly weather.

paulprice

I've been busy lining loco's and I am not even half  finished, plain black is the way forwards I think

angr607

What am I doing? Still playing with testing various engines and rolling stock combinations to see what works and what doesn't. That and planning my next purchases..........

I swear, I might start scenery soon  :uneasy: ............ Honest  :smiley-laughing:

Cheers,

Jon

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations