Revolution Class B Weathering (Mobil Charrington)

Started by Dalek, May 03, 2018, 12:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek

Hi Guys
I am having my class B's weathered and just got sent a pic of the work so far.
I am looking for some feedback on the weathering, what do you think?

OK as is or add some fine oil stains down the sides ?

Craig

Ditape

Diane Tape

Carmont

I think the odd glossy/semi-glossy "run" might work, but they look good.

I'd maybe go for one being absolutely filthy just for variation too.

Ben A

Hi Craig,

I have never seen the Mobil Class B tankers in real life, and have found barely any colour photographs of them.

The NRM may have some in their colossal archive but so far I have not been able to check!

However, those look pretty much exactly how I would expect them to look - really nice!  More fine oil runs?  Maybe get one done for variety...?

Cheers

Ben A.

bluedepot

look good I think!

carmont's idea for some gloss black fresh fine line spills is good though if you wanted to add variation

Tim

Dalek

Got a couple of them changed, one filthy with oil stains and one with added oil stains, chuffed to bits with the pictures, they are back to me soon. All done by The Weathering works after a recommendation on here.  :thankyousign:

Dalek

NinOz

Did these tanks carry crude to a refinery or finished products from a refinery?
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Carmont

Quote from: NinOz on May 15, 2018, 01:33:27 PM

Refined out of the refinery. The Class B liquids were "Heavy oils" such as Diesel, Kerosene, heating oil, etc, etc., with a lower flash point compared to Motor spirit, Naptha, Gasoline, etc.(Class A liquids)

Dalek

Quote from: Carmont on May 15, 2018, 02:05:02 PM
Quote from: NinOz on May 15, 2018, 01:33:27 PM

Refined out of the refinery. The Class B liquids were "Heavy oils" such as Diesel, Kerosene, heating oil, etc, etc., with a lower flash point compared to Motor spirit, Naptha, Gasoline, etc.(Class A liquids)

Read that as much more messy when spilt down the sides  :D

Ben A

Hi Craig,

Wow - they look awesome!   Maybe we should borrow them to send to China to get a weathered run done next time!

Cheers

Ben A.

Dalek

Quote from: Ben A on May 15, 2018, 06:55:18 PM

Hi Craig,

Wow - they look awesome!   Maybe we should borrow them to send to China to get a weathered run done next time!

Cheers

Ben A.

The Class B tankers are a fantastic model and i think they are brought more to life when weathered, if you like that sort of thing.

Craig

Newportnobby

Are you sure the one on the right isn't one of the black ones you've somehow managed to sneak into the country? :confused2:

Dalek

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 15, 2018, 09:34:31 PM
Are you sure the one on the right isn't one of the black ones you've somehow managed to sneak into the country? :confused2:

Shhhh...  ;) :no:

For some reason the picture of the tankers looks much darker once i uploaded it to the forum, compared to the original.  Its a red one, very dirty but you can still see its red.

Craig

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations