Wedding anniversary gift help

Started by 1936ace, March 17, 2015, 07:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Hi all
Being the "modern" male that I am, I thought I'd look around for something a little special to give my Nicole for 17th wedding anniversary coming up this weekend
Gone is the stone and Apparently furniture is the thing to be given!

So who makes the best best platform furniture in n gauge then that I can get for her
😄
Cheers
Bart

Komata

Bart

An interesting question indeed; thanks for posing it, and congratulations on attaining your 17 th  Wedding Anniversary.

As you say, anniversary No.17 focusses on 'furniture', with the 'permitted' list apparently being as follows:

Bed
Dining room table
Bar
Coffee table
Book case
Patio furniture

A (very) quick perusal of the 'net would seem to indicate that only ONE 'commercial' manufacturers of actual 'N' scale furniture exists!!!

This is luetke-modelbahn (their URL is below)

http://www.luetke-modellbahn.de/shop/index.php?cPath=92&osCsid=3bd3523ed2a5fe6201edd07cb90d9c86

HOWEVER they only seem to make 'commercial' furniture, not 'domestic', so I'm not sure that that source will actually be of any use.

It also appears that there is an e-bay seller trading as 'Miniature Matchbox' who / which recently had '#106 Miniature Matchbox Dollhouse 1/144th or N scale Furniture Set-4 Rooms-20 pc' for sale.  I have absolutely no idea as to whether this is a 'commercial' operation but the items that appear in the pic' on the MM e-bay site show some nice items.

To learn more about what was on offer, I typed-in '#106 Miniture Matchbox 1/144th or N scale Furniture set' on Google and got the following blurb in response: 

'1/144th or N scale doll house furniture. 

This set is known as Matchbox Furniture.  Our tiniest furniture line ever.

Works very well with small houses where the 1/144th scale furniture just doesn't quite fit!

Shown pictured here with our 2 1/4 inch plastic house which can be purchased in our store.

For one price you receive 20 pieces or 4 rooms of furniture:  Bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchen/dining.

Living room furniture color may vary.

Cast metal; hand painted.   

I have more miniature items in my store and I combine shipping, so Check out my other items!'

-----------------------------------------

Evidently MM is an American trader and as he has a 'store' it might be worthwhile making contact with him.

Hoping that this helps, or will at least get you a bit further on your search.  Good luck (and please keep us informed as to the result).

(BTW: IF all else fails, have you considered making your own?)

"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations