what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D1042 Western Princess

Not sure if this counts as "on the layout right now" but is connected. I have just ordered from Metcalfe kits for a whole street full of low relief models, including shops, a cinema and other buildings along with the bus depot and full relief models  - about 15 -20 buildings in all.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Newportnobby

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on April 21, 2014, 08:31:59 PM
Not sure if this counts as "on the layout right now" but is connected. I have just ordered from Metcalfe kits for a whole street full of low relief models, including shops, a cinema and other buildings along with the bus depot and full relief models  - about 15 -20 buildings in all.

Someone's going to be very busy :D

Skyline2uk

Finished my listing and cataloging of my fleet / rolling stock today.

Final entry was quite special as I have not run this particular stock for some time (been safely stored at my mums whilst I moved around various Bristol locations)....

Its probably just about long enough to stretch round Filton TMD in its entirety  :D

Skyline2uk

johnlambert

Just finished relaying one corner of my layout.  I had problems with trains stalling and derailing on a couple of pieces of Settrack.  The stalling was a complete mystery as the track was clean and when tested there was power to each piece (each fed with its own droppers).

Here's the "before" photo:

And after:

I need to attach droppers and glue the track back down but I've given it a pretty thorough testing to make sure trains run ok:

talisman56

Adding the stanchions to some NGS Bogie Bolster kits...

[smg id=11913]
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

tutenkhamunsleeping

Chopping down two Kato points and a crossing in order to make a double-junction with closer track spacing.  I've managed to get both running lines in the same parish now, which is progress, just needs tidying up and wiring in 8)

steve836

Just become the very nervous owner of a kit for a beyer garrett! Now I need to get two black five chassis and I can make a start. In my youth I built one from a Kitmaster kit and also made a Clacton set (all ten cars) from Traing/Hornby mark 1's but my fingers seem to have become thumbs since then. This could all end in tears!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

mr bachmann

recent project is bashing a open  car for inclusion in my formation of the Royal Gorge Route set (D&RGW) there will be a wedding taking place on this car , this will be the 3rd i've made and will travel between the Big domes  (ex Alasca RR , ex Santa Fe) .

alan

port perran

Been busy "weathering" various lineside and good yard huts etc. They are already on the layout but looked too pristine ! Also painting station seats, barrows, lineside fencing and luggage etc ready to re-populate my upgraded station area.
Finished up this evening running trains round for about an hour or so with a glass of wine - very relaxing, especially as it gets slightly darker and I can run with just my station and street lighting.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

talisman56

Planning what to put on my now-bare baseboard... latest idea below.

[smg id=11971]

...and how it fits in with the rest of the layout:

[smg id=11972]
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

longbridge

I am putting the finishing touches to 15 buildings on my American HO layout and hope to make a start on my next layout that will be another British N gauge affair in about 4 weeks time.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

EtchedPixels

Building ends to fiddle yards. I've done the curved end except for the motors (a couple of which are going to be fiddly), and am now doing the other end, the motors for which are going to be tricky as some of the points have to sit over solid wooden framing.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bealman

Quote from: steve836 on April 26, 2014, 06:21:34 PM
Just become the very nervous owner of a kit for a beyer garrett! Now I need to get two black five chassis and I can make a start. In my youth I built one from a Kitmaster kit and also made a Clacton set (all ten cars) from Traing/Hornby mark 1's but my fingers seem to have become thumbs since then. This could all end in tears!
Have confidence, buddy! I bet it'll be a cracker. Piccies please!!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

D1042 Western Princess

I've spent a large part of this morning just playing trains on the layout. Oopps :-[   :hmmm:
Sorry, I meant rechecking electrical connections, scenery, platform and other clearences etc of course   ;)
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

steve836

Quote from: Bealman on April 27, 2014, 12:21:09 AM
Quote from: steve836 on April 26, 2014, 06:21:34 PM
Have confidence, buddy! I bet it'll be a cracker. Piccies please!!  :thumbsup:
could be a while as I need two motorised black 5's first and the thought of chopping one up to change the valve gear to the other end now that my eyesight has deteriorated (and N gauge is so tiny) scares me. If I were to sacrifice pulling power could I use a modern one the right way round?
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations