what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davieb

I would also like to offer my best wishes to Pam
For a speedy recovery

dave  :thumbsup:

scotsoft

Likewise I hope everything works out well for both of you  ;)

cheers John.

stevieboy

Just finished the installation of a decoder into 66098 mk2 following decoder meltdown. So I now have a lovely pair of sheds ready for steel & ballast duty.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Wiring, including adding a DCC reversing loop module to (and this took quite a bit of thought) a reversing loop.

As I've already got an extensive DCC bus with block detectors around the loft from OO days, I'm using Kato extension leads cut in half and connected to the block detectors' screw terminals.

Not the cheapest route, but it saves an awful lot of under the baseboard work with a screwdriver (note careful choice of words, there!) in a 'temporary' area where the track plan is evolving daily.

1936ace

Quote from: GeeBee on January 15, 2014, 09:59:25 PM
Made a start on laying track, then Pam suffered a mini stroke last night 6  hours in A&E railway room closed for the next 2 weeks,
Ho Humm  :sick2:
Hi I hope pam is on the mend and recovery is quick
All the best
Bart

GeeBee

Many thanks for all your responses, going for surgery Monday hopefully that will sort it all out, managed to knock my Dapol 9F on the floor 43" drop off to BR lines for repair again, this is the second time that it has failed to survive the bounce.

Newportnobby

Quote from: GeeBee on January 17, 2014, 09:56:00 PM
Many thanks for all your responses, going for surgery Monday hopefully that will sort it all out, managed to knock my Dapol 9F on the floor 43" drop off to BR lines for repair again, this is the second time that it has failed to survive the bounce.

Just as well it's not the full 86 tonnes and 14 cwt or you'd have no floor either :worried: :D
Good luck on Monday :thumbsup:

EtchedPixels

Painting coaches, having finally had a day I could nip outside between the showers and get the primer sprayed on them.

Part way through painting up the second GWR K38 tester, and a GWR M11 in early BR state. There is also an ex LNWR third waiting for the next gap in the weather so I can spray the sides in LMS shades (I am not going to try painting LNWR colours!)

Also trying to decide what livery to use on the ex Cambrian van I got from Shapeways. I have it built but stil researching livery variants.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

tutenkhamunsleeping

talisman56

Varnishing some NGS SR box vans prior to weathering...

Curses! >:( The Peco wagon weight that I superglued into the body of the unfitted van has come loose! Now that I've glued the roof on...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

Trying to figure out why a piece of track between 2 opposing points worked perfectly well yesterday but doesn't today :veryangry:
It's gotta be one of 2 points - grrrr

talisman56

Found some Peco van kits and numbered them up - I didn't realise that the Peco kits were that much under-scale... (or are the NGS kits over scale?)

When I've finished with these then I've got three bogie bolster wagon kits to finish...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

James C

Wondering why I haven't made more progress on my layout than I had hoped :worried:

The missus is here for a couple of weeks, so once she's gone home again I'll crack on with finishing off the track laying!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations