what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: davieb on December 17, 2013, 10:23:17 PM

I heard it ping off something on the layout but I can't find it anywhere  :censored:

dave  :thumbsdown:

Have you tried walking around barefoot, Dave?
That usually finds things :ouch:

davieb

Quote from: newportnobby on December 17, 2013, 10:26:51 PM

Have you tried walking around barefoot, Dave?
That usually finds things :ouch:

I think it landed on the Layout Itself  :hmmm:

And if you think I'm climbing up there and walking around barefoot  :confused2:

Then you can go and Whistle  :whistle:  :smiley-laughing:

dave  :thumbsup:

petercharlesfagg

Ripping it apart!

Some of it at least.

My incompetence at laying track cam back to haunt me and some laid in a tunnel refused to carry current, only access through backscene.

Therefore have taken down tunnel etc. and relaying!

Regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Dancess

Quote from: Pete33 on December 17, 2013, 08:30:55 PM
Photos and description, please! I'd like to do the same and some kind of guide would be handy. :)

Have posted photo in Media album Barneycombe. Can't post in here - it's an age thing  :)
S&D lives on - sort of!

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: Dancess on December 19, 2013, 06:25:58 PM
Photos and description, please! I'd like to do the same and some kind of guide would be handy. :)

Have posted photo in Media album Barneycombe. Can't post in here - it's an age thing  :)
[/quote]

If you are referring to my layout?

See my post about the phoenix!

Regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

bridgiesimon

Nothing on my layout as I am too busy making and finishing Crimbo pressies. I have just sprayed the body and chassis parts for a 1:25 kit for a 1940 Ford Coupe hotrod for my brother in law, a few late nights building it now then. I know, should have finished it ages ago but never mind!!

Simon

port perran

Getting it ready to take to a Christmas Craft Fayre on Saturday.
I was persuaded to show the layout to provide added interest at the show !!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Graham63

keerout

I just finished sticking a Dapol easy-shunt thingie onto my UM P2; a bit of surgical intervention, but to my surprise it works!
I cut of the last bit and made the stem a bit more slender, it drooped a bit, so a piece of *very* thin brass for support & succsess  :)
First time I found myself cutting and yielding a file!
Gerard  :wave: 

port perran

Just finished one of my least favourite jobs ............track cleaning !!
Used IPA and it never ceases to amaze me how dirty the track gets after just a few weeks !!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

texhorse

This week, it's been all hands to the pumps on the Montrose and Highland Railroad, as all the industries have been busy getting their products despatched before the Christmas shutdown.

Last Sunday, I had a mammoth six hour operating session, another two hours on Monday and Tuesday.  I've just finished another hour tonight.  You may think I'm finished with trains for a while, think again!

I plan to release my Christmas Youtube video this weekend as well!

The Montrose and Highland Railroad :  "Gotta Keep Movin' On".

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Bealman

Cleaning twenty-odd years worth of filth, spider webs, bird poo and other assorted nasties off a very inaccessible part of my Beal & Castle Eden layout, then track cleaning big time. It is a very hot, humid day here in NSW, and conditions in the garage very unpleasant. Add to that the inaccessiblity of much the trackwork and the fact that I am twenty years older than when I last crawled around under there or climbed on chairs to get over the top of it....

BUT! SUCCESS! I can now run a train from the Castle Eden terminus all the way onto the mainline and onward for as far as it goes at present. Yea.... happiness.  :bounce:

Mind you, that's all I can do - forget about the many sidings along the way - they're still filthy and many points do not want to move when I push the buttons. However, it's still quite a major milestone for me.

Merry Christmas!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Chetcombe

Quote from: Bealman on December 23, 2013, 03:33:16 AM
Cleaning twenty-odd years worth of filth, spider webs, bird poo and other assorted nasties off a very inaccessible part of my Beal & Castle Eden layout, then track cleaning big time. It is a very hot, humid day here in NSW, and conditions in the garage very unpleasant. Add to that the inaccessiblity of much the trackwork and the fact that I am twenty years older than when I last crawled around under there or climbed on chairs to get over the top of it....

BUT! SUCCESS! I can now run a train from the Castle Eden terminus all the way onto the mainline and onward for as far as it goes at present. Yea.... happiness.  :bounce:

Mind you, that's all I can do - forget about the many sidings along the way - they're still filthy and many points do not want to move when I push the buttons. However, it's still quite a major milestone for me.

Merry Christmas!  :beers:

Nice one George, congratulations on getting trains moving again :bounce: All we need now are some new photos and a video or two :camera: - after all your last video of trains moving around the Beal and Castle Eden was from the 1970s...

Have a wonderful Christmas in Oz :beers: and the same to all the folks in the UK :toot: I will be in Colorado for the holidays :cold:

Merry Christmas everyone!!  :pint:
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Geriatrix

Great stuff - well done on getting things moving again - it's amazing how long dormant machinery CAN be revived ...

LNER1949

Double checking that all the electrics are working, before I relay the ballast, on a section that had to be relayed, as for some reason, the track developed a drop, so it needed packing up.See photo attached !

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations