what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeMo

Painting n-scale sunflowers bought from the Milton Keynes model railway show yesterday.

Talk about fiddly!

Also finishing off my first O Gauge wagon kit... but probably not meant to talk about other scales here!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

johnlambert

Giving the track a clean ready to test run some of my locos.  Got to make sure everything still runs properly ;)

CarriageShed

Quote from: NeMo on August 18, 2013, 10:06:40 AM
Also finishing off my first O Gauge wagon kit... but probably not meant to talk about other scales here!

Cheers, NeMo

NeMo, hang your head in shame  ;)  Actually, I've stumbled across some O Gauge locos on Fleabay, and they do look quite attractive...

Oldman

Painting n-scale sunflowers bought from the Milton Keynes model railway show yesterday.
Talk about fiddly!
Cheers, NeMo

Wait until you start planting them. >:D    Been there and decided never again - however I did have 5 packs to do.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

NeMo

Agreed! Assembly and installation not much fun. Done 4, decided to stop for the time being. Cutting the little yellow flowers off turned out to be much more difficult than I'd imagined.

Cheers, NeMo

Quote from: Oldman on August 18, 2013, 10:55:27 AM
Talk about fiddly!
Cheers, NeMo

Wait until you start planting them. >:D    Been there and decided never again - however I did have 5 packs to do.

NeMo

I got the Parkside Dundas 16-ton mineral wagon, which is by all accounts an easy kit. It certainly comes with everything you need except paint, even has the transfers in the box (why oh why don't all kits include transfers -- at least ones aimed at beginners like me). Assembly was fun, took about two evenings, with only a little finagling needed to get the body sat on the chassis properly.

What's nice about O is the number of bits that work like they do on the prototype. The buffers are springy, and so are the coupling hooks. The chains work. The brake gear can be set at whatever angle you want. Even the axle boxes move up and down in the frames.

If nothing else, once painted it'll make a nice knick-nack container to put on a bookshelf, but I might just get a few more kits and eventually an O gauge loco (beginner's kit or Dapol RTR shunter, haven't yet decided, though the DJH 03 looks really nice).

Cheers, NeMo

Quote from: Pete33 on August 18, 2013, 10:33:18 AM
NeMo, hang your head in shame  ;)  Actually, I've stumbled across some O Gauge locos on Fleabay, and they do look quite attractive...

Luke Piewalker

In a fit of bravery City of Carlisle finally received her nameplates this morning. This was an operation involving PVA, tweezers, tamiya masking tape, a cocktail stick, a cotton bud and a lot of anxiety...
Apologies for the crap nature of the pictures...
I started on the buffer beam detail but wasn't having much joy getting the hoses in place so I abandoned that plan before I broke something.
All I have to do now is give the Lancashire Witch her nameplates...  :worried:

texhorse

Looks to me like you did an excellent job there Luke.

Andy
:wave:
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Newportnobby

Quote from: Luke Piewalker link=topic=1724.msg157309#msg157309
All I have to do now is give the Lancashire Witch her nameplates...  :worried:
/quote]

Along with a crest depicting a Pendle broomstick :-X

EtchedPixels

Finishing off a J52, having been somewhat delayed by accidentally stopping to watch The Fifth Element again. Just having to do some minor tweaking to get it to fit a different chassis to that intended. Then I can add the pipework and do final paint fixes.

Other than that I've been finishing off vinyl artwork for a GWR M10 and for some sausage vans.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

GrahamB

Coaling up some locos and assembling a GWR Milk Brake - very slowly.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

texhorse

I've been busy getting hot solder dripped onto my shirt, under the layout while putting lots of twinkling frassa sassin' leds in my buildings.

Can't you tell I've had an enjoyable couple of hours?

:scowl:

Andy
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Newportnobby

Bit of track improvement on the Up main line as I was getting derailing issues with a Dapol 9F and Farish 8 axle diesels on a curved point which formed part of a 90 degree curve (13" radius). I have slightly altered the curve of the track and substituted a medium radius point which appears to have corrected the alignment problem and all is well now :)

Oldman

Building a roundy roundy on a 400mm x350mm foamboard base. 
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

texhorse

Today I have been soldering more LEDs and making my layout sparkle!!!!

:laugh:

Andy
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations