what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Howlett

Leaving it for another week !.
Just noticed that the platform surfaces have completely faded to white!
Scalescenes that were varnished and not in direct sunlight  :confused2:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

ianb1303

I think that statement requires backing-up with photographic eveidence!  :photospleasesign:

Dave G
[/quote]

If I had any idea how to, beleive me I would. Absolutely no idea how to

daveg

Quote from: ianb1303 on March 02, 2013, 04:29:04 PM
I think that statement requires backing-up with photographic eveidence!  :photospleasesign:

Dave G

[/quote]

Really easy Ian - must be; I can do it!

There's a 'how to' at the top of the forum that explains it far better than I could.

Take a look and if you're still stuck, one of us will try and walk you through it. Good fun to share your pics once you're up and running.

Dave G

Greybeema

Just built my baseboards, 6mm ply frames, cut the trackbeds, 6mm MDF and fitted the risers (open baseboard).  The new track is on its way (as mentioned in the "Buy Nothing Month" thread) and will arrive Monday or Tuesday.  Northfleet 148th is on its way.... 
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

ianb1303

Quote from: daveg on March 02, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Dave G

There's a 'how to' at the top of the forum that explains it far better than I could.

Take a look and if you're still stuck, one of us will try and walk you through it. Good fun to share your pics once you're up and running.

Dave G
[/quote]

Well, Ive read the section at the top.............and...........it's as clear as mud. still no idea. Im really not very technical so opening things side by side and photobucket and servers, might as well be in Chinese

matt94

Im just running the last train of the night now so the villagers can go to sleep  :sleep:

1936ace

Having lifted barts end as i needed longer platforms and i was not really happy how access to the shed area fitted, im trying to re do track plan using anyrail.
my board or section really was 2100mm by450mm but i am going 2400mm by 600mm. But my other reason is i really wanted a yard with tracks eithr side of the running line before the station and as before goods yard etc off to the side as before. I did see i track plan in one of the model mags(cant remember which one) but it was 00 and 24feet long even in n gauge im still 4foot short. I have come up with an idea of splitting the board with scenic break down the middle so you come off the mian board run along thought the yard then curve round at the end to come down the other side into the station, problem is with 15' curve it takes up 900mm so im back to trying to fit the station in and the goods yard etc.  :help:
BArt

daveg

Quote from: ianb1303 on March 02, 2013, 07:54:37 PM
Quote from: daveg on March 02, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Dave G

Dave G

Well, Ive read the section at the top.............and...........it's as clear as mud. still no idea. Im really not very technical so opening things side by side and photobucket and servers, might as well be in Chinese
[/quote]

OK I'll give an alternative description a go tomorrow morning. Too late now. Knackered after driving 300 miles in less than 24 hours!

Dave G

ianb1303

Bl**dy hell, Dave, I'd be knackered too :sleep:no rush, just when your ready

longbridge

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dave G
[/quote]

[/quote]

OK I'll give an alternative description a go tomorrow morning. Too late now. Knackered after driving 300 miles in less than 24 hours!

Dave G
[/quote]

Crikey Dave the roads must be Bl---y terrible over there, when we used to visit my Mum we drove 1,800 km in 18 1/2 hours, have to say though I used to fill up on Coke and Coffee while driving and take a heap of Panadol when I get there, stiff neck.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

daveg

Hi Dave-LB

There are a few potholes big enough to deserve their own postode but it's not bad all over.

Did get a few hours kip on an inflatable bed but it's the concentration that wears you out. The main motorway traffic can be fairly heavy and there's always the 'Schumacher maniacs' to stay clear of!

Ian, I'll do a something re posting pics as a separate PM to you, if that's OK.

Dave G

longbridge

Crikey potholes in British roads, I thought we were the only ones that had those things  :D :D

I agree fatigue can be a problem with driving, PM is fine  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

MikeDunn

Am in the electrics planning stage now ...

The power loop is (loosly) in place, am using sticky-backed 4-way cable holders for this.  Only loose, as I need to drill a few holes to allow proper routing, as well as mount the termination point for the power-input.

Might run a second loop around (seperate cable holders, and ID on the cables !) for power to ancilliary kit (point motors etc).  No hurry on that front yet though.

But - I did make myself a continuity tester  :claphappy: - eventually !  Picked up all the bits I needed yesterday while @ Crewe (on leaving the Centre, SWMBO noticed a retail park (built on the old Grease Works (I think it was), other side of the main line - while she wandered though her type of shop, I nipped into Maplins  :smiley-laughing:)

Mike

Oldman

Quote from: MikeDunn on March 03, 2013, 11:44:44 AM
Am in the electrics planning stage now ...

But - I did make myself a continuity tester  :claphappy: - eventually !  Picked up all the bits I needed yesterday while @ Crewe (on leaving the Centre, SWMBO noticed a retail park (built on the old Grease Works (I think it was), other side of the main line - while she wandered though her type of shop, I nipped into Maplins  :smiley-laughing:)

Mike

Congratulations on finding something in Maplins. Visited their Epsom store last week and decided what a waste of time. Will stick to RS, Farnell in future.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

MikeDunn

Yeah, it was a miracle  :laugh3:

Put my hand on the enclosure straight away; found the 7/0.2 wires in the colours I was after; picked up a PP3 cap; and got the last of the buzzers !

Normally I get a 'hmmm, we sold out of those a week or two back' from the 'assistants' - one of these days I'll reply with 'then why didn't you either have an order in to replace low stock, or an order to replace zero stock ?' but I'll probably get a blank look back ...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations